Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED!!! Minelab Safari NiMH Rechargeable Battery and Charger  (Read 12760 times)
roughneck

T2 SE

« on: February 05, 2015, 12:20:16 PM »

Hi Folks
Just purchased a s/h Safari with alkaline battery pod only.  So would like a rechargeable set up if possible.
Someone out there must have a spare NiMH rechargeable battery and charger for a Safari/Etrac/explorer.  One size fits all. If anyone has the above to sell, please pm me with cost etc.  (also looking for stem and screen covers)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 05:06:06 PM »

Sory, I can't help with the battery but will be greatly interested to hear how you get on with the Safari. Having just got my Safari in Decenber, I am still learning the strange language that it speaks. I call it R2D2 and it eats alkaline batteries like a donkey eating strawberies! Fortunately I do have a rechargable battery and am also contemplating buying a second one.

Chris  Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »

Thanks Chris.  Now I want a rechargeable battery even more!!!  I'll certainly let you know how I get on with it after this weekend when I'm using it on a field below a medieval castle.  I'd best not wear earphones if it's as noisy as you say!
I will probably keep sensitivity down a little for the first practice day.
It's good to swap info and advice in my book, and so far everyone on the detecting forums has been very helpful.  Appreciate it all.  Cheers.  Tom
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »

Well I also have a new safari and I run it on bog standard AA NON rechargeable batteries
I get about 2 days detecting out of a set of new  batteries, each session lasting between five to six hours of continued  detecting,personally, I consider that is very acceptable ,especially when you can purchase 36 x AA batteries for a fiver!!!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!!!!!!!
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 05:27:57 PM »

Ding! Dong!  That's not so bad is it?  Where are you getting your batteries from please?  I think I can manage a fiver now and again, though Mrs only gives me a tenner a week pocket money now I've retired LOL.  Will have to start selling my fishing tackle to cover detecting costs!
Great stuff!
Tom
gesza

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 05:38:54 PM »

hi mate there is a rechargeable battery and charger on ebay item no is 321659722893 dont know how old it is but you could always ask gesza

me who dares wins ?
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 05:59:48 PM »

I use rechargeable batteries in my Safari pod that I bought from Poundland, 4 x £1. I've had them for 9 months, I always charge my batteries before going on a rally and they last no problem. I use them in my TDK headphones as well, I also have a hip mounted
battery  kit that Chef geoff  makes and that lasts me at least 4  long days,

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 07:42:53 PM »

I'd best not wear earphones if it's as noisy as you say!
                      Cheers.  Tom

Hi Tom,
            it's not the volume that is a problem for me; you can easily turn that down via the control box or the head phones. After using a EuroAce for
three years I have been finding the sound produced by the Safari a bit alien. Where the EuroAce hated wet beach sand and I have to turn the sensetivity
down and suffer cosiderable loss of depth; I can move from dry to wet and back again without ant major problems when using the Safari.  Grin

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
roaljodaka
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 08:46:58 PM »

Chris if it still sounds like r2dt, have you discrimmed -10 yet ??, my safari was quiet as a mouse after~!!, just picking up good signals easily Smiley
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 10:42:20 PM »

Some interesting information there fellas.  Thank you very much.  will see how the AA batteries last when I'm out with the Safari all day on Saturday. (must remember to discrim -10) Cheers.  Tom
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 04:12:25 PM »

Chris if it still sounds like r2dt, have you discrimmed -10 yet ??, my safari was quiet as a mouse after~!!, just picking up good signals easily Smiley

Last time out I tried all metals in conductive and attempted to dig only the lower tones but the darned thing kept giving me good signals for can-slaw and bits of rusty iron. After a couple of hours I packed in and meandered back to the car with it set in coin mode; making some better finds as I progressed back to the car. To be fair, I have thoroughly detected the area with my EuroAce and Tornado coil combination and must have cleared most of the good finds from the area where I spent the first couple of hours.

The wee beastie seems to function better on the beach. I think that I may need to put the sensitivity on manual and set it about 16 for my next outing on the above area. Oh, and knock out -10 & 40!

Richie sixpence

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 12:24:41 PM »

Sory, I can't help with the battery but will be greatly interested to hear how you get on with the Safari. Having just got my Safari in Decenber, I am still learning the strange language that it speaks. I call it R2D2 and it eats alkaline batteries like a donkey eating strawberies! Fortunately I do have a rechargable battery and am also contemplating buying a second one.

Chris  Smiley

Love your description Chris "donkey eating strawberries"  Grin Wink

Regards Richie sixpence  Smiley

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 02:40:09 PM »

Hi Richie,
                 as well as learning the Safari, I have been communicating with several marine archaeologists and the "Receiver of Wreck"
since January and will be following up on a recent beach trip this coming Sunday. Drop me a pm if you are free to come to out play on Sunday.  Wink

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 08:23:53 PM »

When you guys say you're knocking out -10 & +40,  does that mean that you're only discriminating those two sets of numbers?
I discriminate -1 -2 -3  and so on to -10 and  the detectors not to chattery at all

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »

No Dylan. I think they mean  UP TO -10  & ONLY +40

The idea being you knock out most of the iron and stop the wrap around effect large iron creates.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal