Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: ETRAC STOLEN AND OWNER BEATEN UP !!!  (Read 10237 times)
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 10:33:27 AM »

..and probe!  Grin Grin Grin

tho it depends on what his wife looks like!  Grin Grin

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 10:37:13 AM »

..and probe!  Grin Grin Grin

tho it depends on what his wife looks like!  Grin Grin

or his donkey Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 06:00:20 PM »

I have already commented on the dreadful attack on that guy,but as we all know today's detectors are getting even more sophisticated but with sophistication comes expense, machines these days are very expensive.
This sort of attack and robbery is becoming more and more commonplace, therefore why can't detector manufacturers start to incorporate some sort of
Password entry system into the electronics within the detector,if a detector happens to get stolen it would be rendered useless(suggest,2 /3 attempts then detector goes into permanent shutdown,and would have to be sent back for factory reset.
Also,from now on,if I am detecting on my own I will purchase a personnel attack alarm,we have got to do something to try and stop these sorts of attacks from happening, I await your comments and well,any ideas??
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 06:48:05 PM »

Well firstly metal detectors are no more sophisticated now than they were in 1980 in fact in electronic terms they are all very basic bit's of kit but yes prices have reached a silly level with well over 60% of what we pay being profit to one person or another (that's more than petrol Cheesy). All password entry systems can and do get broken eventually and it would certainly add even more to the price.
It is sadly a sign of our times and of our own making so we just have to live with it and stay as safe as we can, My camera is equal to around 2 CTX but I never think about security other than is common sense when I'm out Undecided

As to getting a personal alarm which you can use in a field miles from anywhere......good luck with that then Grin
sinky

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 07:00:34 PM »

Get  well  soon
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 08:14:50 PM »

Your of course correct hotmill its not worth dying for, I would let them have it Grin Grin Grin Grin and I do mean have it Shocked Shocked Shocked, and what's more enjoy it  Wink it says in the bible thou shall not steal another mans detector, I think Tongue

Get it right Paul...
Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's house. You shall not covet your neighbour's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour especially his metal detector and wellies..
—Exodus 20:17

Roll Eyes
Blimey Geoff, I've done most of those,apart from the donkey Grin Grin if my memory serves me rite it was an Emu, put up a good fight though  Wink Tongue
fdefano
Rally attendee

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 01:52:25 AM »

I have already commented on the dreadful attack on that guy,but as we all know today's detectors are getting even more sophisticated but with sophistication comes expense, machines these days are very expensive.
This sort of attack and robbery is becoming more and more commonplace, therefore why can't detector manufacturers start to incorporate some sort of
Password entry system into the electronics within the detector,if a detector happens to get stolen it would be rendered useless(suggest,2 /3 attempts then detector goes into permanent shutdown,and would have to be sent back for factory reset.
Also,from now on,if I am detecting on my own I will purchase a personnel attack alarm,we have got to do something to try and stop these sorts of attacks from happening, I await your comments and well,any ideas??
they could have a chip in it like find my phone,but it would probably be already pawned

Garrett ace 250
xp Deus
Garrett AT pro
pro pointer
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 08:10:59 PM »

Hi Midas touch,just wondering if you know how that poor guy is after being beaten up and his detector stolen?
Plus any news on the B!!!!RDS that attacked him.
digitup
NWDD Member

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 08:18:55 PM »

I don't know if it is true I heard it was one big con I read it on some detecting forum . a lot of people feel sorry for them and they all chip in a few quid  to help them out and more often than not it never happened. bingo new detector for nothing . now I aint saying this aint true but I did read it on a forum  Wink
Landyman

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 08:24:39 PM »

I found this on another forum........

Looks like this was not just a case of a random detectorist being robbed.
It looks like the nighthawks have been and took their detector back that the farmer took from them and gave to tony.

Tony ...the guy who was beaten has posted this on his club forum.

Tony sirret Attacked
Thanks all for the thought's, it's Tony here, been in touch with the police as I've still not been contacted, I do have a crime number but apparently there's no notes attached to it.....
I do feel very embarrassed about it, would have kicked their ass's a few years ago but age sort of creeps up on you.
The farmer seems to think he might know who it is and is also waiting for the police to visit him.
I'm afraid I don't have the serial number of the detector as I've only had it a week or so, it was one of the ones the farmer confiscated of off the night hawkers.

Please don't any one be put off by my experiences, this is a one off very rare thing to happen, I've had many many happy hours detecting.

Thanks Tony
digitup
NWDD Member

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 08:30:57 PM »

Ah seems this was true i hope he makes a full recovery
keepmateethinajar

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 09:37:09 PM »

Your of course correct hotmill its not worth dying for, I would let them have it Grin Grin Grin Grin and I do mean have it Shocked Shocked Shocked, and what's more enjoy it  Wink it says in the bible thou shall not steal another mans detector, I think Tongue

Get it right Paul...
Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's house. You shall not covet your neighbour's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour especially his metal detector and wellies..

this is how I get my gold
—Exodus 20:17

Roll Eyes
Blimey Geoff, I've done most of those,apart from the donkey Grin Grin if my memory serves me rite it was an Emu, put up a good fight though  Wink Tongue

* images90OV06G3.jpg (7.82 KB, 183x275 - viewed 1640 times.)

tis better to have loved a short women....than to never have loved a tall
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 10:39:08 AM »

So he was using a stolen machine and the owner took it back....a bit of a grey area that one Undecided
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 11:30:59 AM »

my thoughts exactly
not condoning nighthawking, but for the farmer to take their detectors is illegal and just as Geoff has pointed out Tony Sirret was  using "their" stolen detector

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
bristolminelab
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2015, 11:50:58 AM »

So he was using a stolen machine and the owner took it back....a bit of a grey area that one Undecided
Just what i was thinking Geoff seem everyone was in the wrong to a greater or lesser extent Huh

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal