Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use the cs 4pi  (Read 10387 times)
hedgehog
« on: June 09, 2009, 10:42:41 PM »

Just wondering whether any of you beach guys use, or have used this machine?
Have seen good things written about it and for the new price seems a bit of a snip for a beach machine.
detectordave

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:45:16 AM »

Hi hedgehog i don't use use the 4pi but do use the older 6pi and the machine is great.

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:51:13 AM »

Do you use it as a main machine on the beach Dave?
detectordave

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:56:05 AM »

yeah i bought it on ebay last year cost me 48 quid it goes very deep and loves any type of jewelery the machine remains very stable at all times do you want to borrow it to try if you are going on the weekend i can bring it with me.

hedgehog
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 08:00:33 AM »

You are such a gentleman, I can't make it at the weekend and it's a very kind offer, but I was thinking more of the winter period and the 4pi is so cheap that I was thinking along those lines but if the 6's go that cheap and with your recommendation it gives me plenty of time to look out for one. Thanks again Dave.
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 02:55:54 PM »

Hedgehog

If you have any tennis elbow problems or just prefer a lighter machine the 6pi though not that heavy feels it compared to the 4pi and the 4 can be hipmounted.

In an air test the 4 had a slight edge on performance but that might have been because it was nearly new v an eight year old detector.

There was a mention that the 4's audio is a little low in high winds/crashing waves situations but that could just be that the right phones were not being used. It should be possible to do the old C-Scope mod of changing the value of the resistor at the phone jack and this would cost next to nothing.

As you say the price is unbeatable new and its possible to pick up twelve month old ones that have been hardly used from people living well inland who got tempted by the low price but then find they don't get to the beach that much.
detectordave

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 05:06:38 PM »

Hedgehog if you look at the for sales pauld88 is offering a discount on all cscope detectors including the 4pi its worth a call you never know the price may just be to tempting to refuse. Wink

simon c

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 05:41:12 PM »

Yes Steve i did have a CS4PI up until last year when i part-exed it,they are extremely good value for money,even more so if you can pick one up second hand,they are very good machines and easy to use,but remember it's a PI no discrim,you dig everything and they do go pretty deep,if you can find a clean beach not much rubbish or iron then they are a pleasure to use,i found most of the beaches i used it on were the complete opposite,so it did get very frustrating digging all signals,the other option would be a second hand minelab,sovreign,quatro,explorer,you can then use it inland as well,i did experiment using the CS4PI inland and it's not something i would recommend unless you are fairly sure there is something there.
hedgehog
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »

Thanks Brian good info and Simon, I was thinking about the discount thing Dave but forgot who it was thanks for the info.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal