Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Garrett ProPointer  (Read 5896 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: January 02, 2015, 08:26:12 PM »

Has anyone priced the new Garrett waterproof ProPointer yet?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
sharkey
NWDD Member

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:42:40 PM »

Hi Chris I looked earlier and from memory it's priced at $150 in the states , and on a German/Dutch website I found it pre order for €150 euros. I did not order one, I will wait for a UK supplier I think. The preorders were for February so shouldn't be too long to wait

Sharkey

*North Wales Dirt Diggers
*Chester Mob member #002
*XP Deus
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 08:47:47 PM »

Nigel at Regtons testing one soon? I have heard an American web site have them at $ 150?  If they are as good as I believe and can get a bit more depth than the present Garrett probe I would get one for sure😛 the present probe is fine for what it is designed for and probably the best on market. But a  fully waterproof probe to10 foot well I know if I had one of those when I went snorkelling in Cyprus this year it would have upped my finds rate of 1 gold chain and that was just waiving my hands to clear the sand in the shallows Wink especially  as you can not take detectors to Cyprus Wink we will see.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:49:26 PM by celticspikey » Logged
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »

My present Garrett ProPointer is still working well after having it repaired last year and I get a little extra depth by using the trick of holding a coin against the side of the handle. If the new pointer is as good as it sounds, I may get one and keep my old one as backup.  Undecided

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 09:15:34 PM »

My present Garrett ProPointer is still working well after having it repaired last year and I get a little extra depth by using the trick of holding a coin against the side of the handle. If the new pointer is as good as it sounds, I may get one and keep my old one as backup.  Undecided
Never heard of that trick, must try it Wink
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 09:17:34 PM »

Grin its a pinpointer not a ctx 3030
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 09:30:47 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 01:20:40 AM »

Nigel at Regtons testing one soon? I have heard an American web site have them at $ 150?  If they are as good as I believe and can get a bit more depth than the present Garrett probe I would get one for sure😛 the present probe is fine for what it is designed for and probably the best on market. But a  fully waterproof probe to10 foot well I know if I had one of those when I went snorkelling in Cyprus this year it would have upped my finds rate of 1 gold chain and that was just waiving my hands to clear the sand in the shallows Wink especially  as you can not take detectors to Cyprus Wink we will see.

That sounds a good idea Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 05:50:43 PM »

That sounds a good idea Wink
Thanks Dale, as I said if they are deeper than the present probe Huh or more sensitive, and the video they show of it being used under water is accurate Roll Eyes then I know I can sniff out bling on the waters edge abroad snorkelling, and will gladly show my finds at a later date Grin Grin 
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »

Grin its a pinpointer not a ctx 3030
Grin Yeh I know Nap,I got the CTX, Grin It's bigger Wink Wink
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 05:59:50 PM »

Why don't you get a vibraprobe Paul they are made for underwater they even do a mini pi machine just for that purpose.
http://www.treasureproducts.com/vibratector.html
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 06:03:44 PM »

Why don't you get a vibraprobe Paul they are made for underwater they even do a mini pi machine just for that purpose.
http://www.treasureproducts.com/vibratector.html
Wow, cheers Geoff never knew, will look in to it,  Wink Wink
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 06:17:11 PM »

It does look like a handy bit of kit

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 06:18:07 PM »

Just looked at the link Geoff, I can defiantly pass away hours of fun with that baby, in the shallows and as you say, more suited for the job in hand . I'm going to splash out ( pardon the pun) mite not wait till I go back abroad,so if you see a fat as sticking out of the mud at Weston it's mine  Cheesy Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 06:19:18 PM »

It does look like a handy bit of kit
Got to be worth a play eh Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal