Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Year six in the life of Detectingwales.com - 2014  (Read 15565 times)
TEZZA

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 09:43:53 PM »

Thanks to all who have organized the rallies i`ve enjoyed every one Also all the the members that ive met A very merry Christmas to you all and a successful new year HAPPY DETECTING AND GOOD LUCK
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 10:21:10 PM »

superb write up neil ,i have had an amazing first year with DW meet a lot of people on the way who have  made me feel more than welcome ,made some great friends over the year and hope to make a lot more in 2015 ,i would say my finds identification needs to improve lol ,
here's hoping 2015 will be a good year for us all ,BIG THANK YOU  to all DW staff for putting on such great rallys ,
would also like to thank handyman alan for taking me under his wing in the first couple of rallys really helped me a lot
taff , neil , and my old mucca nobby for sharing the transport and enjoying a laugh to and from rallys
and last but certainly not least my grumpy old mate from over the waters bah humbug, chef geoff has put up with me asking all sort of questions about all things detecting ,helped me out all year ,invited me down to somerset several times ,thanks cheffy i really appreciate it mate ,hope you will still look after me in 2015

the mighty xp Deus
Jeff The Wizard

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 10:28:50 PM »

Neil, I think you deserve a well earned holiday after compiling and presenting that comprehensive year in the life of Detecting Wales  Cheesy
Mrs Wizard and I would like to thank all you guys within D W Management for organising and hosting Rallies on such interesting and productive sites .
Lets hope 2015 is going to be the big one  Shocked

Merry Xmas to  you all,
Jeff and Des   Wink    

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:35:15 PM by Jeff The Wizard » Logged

If ring pulls and bottle tops were currency I would be a rich man
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 11:04:50 PM »

Super write up Neil as usual, thanks to all the guys who keep D/W up and running and for all the work they put on securing rally permissions, and of course Geoff for researching and getting our taste buds going on the day of the rallies. If there's one thing I would change it would be that I am more successfull on rallies  Grin Grin Grin but I wouldn't change the warm welcome,banter, and knowledge you get from the guys and girls on these D/W rallies. Merry Christmas to you all and a prosperous and healthy New Year........Oh and some nice finds Wink Wink Wink
Old Pete
Rally attendee

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 11:43:37 PM »

I have only been a member for about 3 months but I would like to say a BIG thank you to all those who run the DW forum and organise the rallies. Also to those who have helped me so much by answering my beginners questions. It's great to find people who are so helpful, friendly and welcoming both on here and at the rallies.
Wishing A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year full of great finds to you all.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 01:09:17 AM »

Many thanks Neil for a great write up and for bringing back so many happy memories from this year. As has already been said, a big
thank you has to go to everybody who run  this forum and work so tirelessly to organise the rallies.
                                               Detecting Wales has to be one of the best forums on the internet, with friendships being made online
even before people actually meet in the flesh. As I have said before the camaraderie at the rallies between everybody is what makes the day, with people being so helpful and encouraging [ I can honestly say that I have never heared a word spoken in anger, people must have been whispering behind my back Grin Grin ] and the finds being a bonus. Personally I've had a few of my better finds this year with the gold ring turning out to be early medieval.
                                                      This year thanks to Taff I've been suffering with M N D [multiple name disorder ] so goodness knows who I'll be in 2015. But whoever I am I'd like to wish you and yours a Very Happy Christmas and a brilliant New Year,

Dryland  [ Dylan ]

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
jamiepearce

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 08:43:02 AM »

Many many thanks to great bunch!
All the best to you all!
Long may all the fun continue
 Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool Roll Eyes Lips sealed Kiss
FEEL THE DW LOVE!
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 05:57:21 PM »

Thanks chaps for all the comments - Glad you have enjoyed the past year.

As the recent hoard has shown, it's all still out there waiting to be discovered, hopefully we shall do it together.

Happy Christmas and a Treasured filled New Year to one and all!

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal