Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New Safari outing today.  (Read 15686 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: December 17, 2014, 05:48:01 PM »

Finally got out with the new Safari this morning and was amazed by the difference from the EuroAce. Having used a EuroAce/Nel Tornado combination for some time now, I wasn't to bothered by the weight of the Safari. The field was like a sponge and ideal for mud wressling. I put four hours in and gave up at lunch time when rain started to set in.

When I started it was rather dark and I had forgotten that there was no back light on the display screen. What a music box; there must be a bloomin orchestra in there! Only managed one 1921 sixpence, a chopped half penny, a one p decimal, a piece of AA copper drive ring, and plenty of iron. I think that I am going to realy like this machine; once I get used to it, and all it's little ways.  Grin

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 06:03:18 PM »

Hi Buddy,nice to know that your enjoying your new machine,Well my Safari arrived this afternoon,big excitement!!. I also ordered and received its new protective all black livery it will look great I think,anyway I am Hopeing to get up and running in the next few days,I'll keep you posted.
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:43:48 PM »

good luck with your new toys lads , they are great machines , even dryland found a roman with his  Roll Eyes Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Wink

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 06:50:40 PM »

I look forward to hearing how you get on with your new machine. My finds rates for this morning are pretty poor due to the fact that I have been
hoovering up the field all season with the EuroAce/Nel Tornado coil cobination and most of the best finds are now sitting in a box waiting for cleaning.

The Safari is sertainly an interesting machine and I am lookiing forward to better conditions in the new year when I can get onto my permissions and also visit my regular beach. In the meantime, I plan on doing some in-air target testing and setting up a target test bed in the back garden.

Stay safe and happy hunting

Chris  Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 06:52:19 PM »

good luck with your new toys lads , they are great machines , even dryland found a roman with his  Roll Eyes Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Thanks for the encouragement Mike. If Dryland can do it, well................... Grin

sharkey
NWDD Member

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 08:31:08 PM »

well done on the finds Chris, encouraging to be finding more good stuff from a well worked site, look forward to your future finds

sharkey

*North Wales Dirt Diggers
*Chester Mob member #002
*XP Deus
roaljodaka
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 09:13:38 PM »

One good tip chris is to discrim -10 if i remember rightly, it is then such a quiet machine that really finds the targets  Wink, otherwise open screen gives you a right headache lol, and be sure to use armstrap  Grin Grin
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 09:15:33 PM »

Thanks m8; I had been anticipating a better score this morning but it just shows how thoroughly I must have worked the field with the EuroAce. I recovered almost £30 in decimal spendable coins plus a load of cut and chopped coins; as well as loads of brass, copper, and lead. Not a single hammered or Roman though!  Cry

Here are a few of the EuroAce goodies off the field during the season.

* 4 trip coin total.jpg (233.1 KB, 596x422 - viewed 1664 times.)

* Bling.jpg (117.18 KB, 399x576 - viewed 1710 times.)

* Sports ground.jpg (192.86 KB, 359x515 - viewed 1666 times.)

* Recovered brass.jpg (225.91 KB, 422x596 - viewed 1693 times.)

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »

One good tip chris is to discrim -10 if i remember rightly, it is then such a quiet machine that really finds the targets  Wink, otherwise open screen gives you a right headache lol, and be sure to use armstrap  Grin Grin

Oops, I got out of sequence then. Thanks for the tip. I had a real good play with the Safari this morning but was presently using unsuitable headphones. I tried all metals in conductivity and had a few problems discerning some of the tones. Interestingly, the machine was spot on in reading can-slaw as ringpulls and I was able to give them a miss.

Looks like I have a lot of learning to do!  Wink

roaljodaka
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 09:25:38 PM »

not a lot of leaning chris, with the safari m8, simples, just discrim -10 to quiten the machine down and wait for the high tones, absolutely great on wet and dry beach  Smiley Smiley
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 09:31:09 PM »

Sounds good to me. I'm hoping to give it a run on the sands at Talacre during the new Year. It will be nice to be able to move from dry sand to wet and back again without my detector going crazy and having to reduce the sensitivity, suffering a loss of depth.

Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 09:40:50 PM »

Oops, I got out of sequence then. Thanks for the tip. I had a real good play with the Safari this morning but was presently using unsuitable headphones. I tried all metals in conductivity and had a few problems discerning some of the tones. Interestingly, the machine was spot on in reading can-slaw as ringpulls and I was able to give them a miss.

Looks like I have a lot of learning to do!  Wink
Don't ignore the ring pull signals Chris, they are very similar to hammered signals !
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 09:43:23 PM »

If you give ring pulls a miss you could also also be missing rings and hammies along with loads of other goodies, remember the Minelabs were designed in Australia with an eye to the American market neither of which has Roman or hammies so ignore signals at your peril  Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 09:59:50 PM »

Duly noted and taken on board! Dig all above ferrous?

grego
NWDD Member

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »

All the best with the new machine in the new year Chris.

Grego

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal