Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: what annoy's you most when detecting ?  (Read 13255 times)
david995

« on: December 17, 2014, 04:30:13 PM »

In my case, a few times recently when detecting i have been accosted by various people asking what i am doing on this field or that field in some cases shouted at from a great distance.

To start with i had always been polite and walked over and told them nicely i have permision of the relevant farmer bla bla, now  its happening so much that my first question now is  " who are you ? " and if they don't come up with i'm the farmers son, relative etc  or something similar i (still politely) tell them to b.......off and what's it to do with them. i always have a chat with the farmer after to let him know  a nosey neighbour was well being nosey and they are always fine .   

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 04:55:07 PM »

Not had that problem yet. My pet hate ( if you will pardon the pun ) is dogs that are not kept under controll. They mostly
want to help me dig; or they try to wee on my bag!  Shocked

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 04:56:07 PM »

In my case, a few times recently when detecting i have been accosted by various people asking what i am doing on this field or that field in some cases shouted at from a great distance.

To start with i had always been polite and walked over and told them nicely i have permision of the relevant farmer bla bla, now  its happening so much that my first question now is  " who are you ? " and if they don't come up with i'm the farmers son, relative etc  or something similar i (still politely) tell them to b.......off and what's it to do with them. i always have a chat with the farmer after to let him know  a nosey neighbour was well being nosey and they are always fine .   

It is annoying but you never know who you're talking to, my nightmare situation is to find out the person I've just told to bugger off has the 500 acre farm next door with the old medieval village on it that no one knows about  Shocked so I grit my teeth and try to be polite. I get annoyed when you get a cracking field and manage a couple of hours on it, only to find the next time you go there the farmers filled it with bulls that stay there for the next 6 months!!! His right of course but annoying all the same.

XP Deus user
david995

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 05:06:45 PM »

yep i have just had  permission at the moment to detect a medieval village field but the farmer has asked me to stay out until he takes his bull out of it im chomping  at the bit to get in there , but obviously would come off second best if bull took to not liking me in his field

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »

Traditional small dairy Farms.  And there's a lot of them round here.  I have had permission on a few and they are all the same.  You just never know till you get there which field you can get in and being small very often you have to go through a field or two to get to the one you want and guess what...........the Farmer has moved the heard into the first one since the last time you went. ARGH  Angry     I don't like Cows  Roll Eyes

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
JohnF

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 06:37:36 PM »

My biggest gripe is electric fences. I have an x terra 705 and no matter how I try and tune it out, I get regular pulsing beeps every second or so.
It can pick them up from fifty yards away and drives you nuts.  Angry

You wont find a thing if you aint got that swing.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »

All machines suffer from them John and as you say they can't be tuned out as they are essentially working in the same way as a coil Wink
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 06:47:03 PM »

All machines suffer from them John and as you say they can't be tuned out as they are essentially working in the same way as a coil Wink

chef what have you done  Shocked Shocked Shocked just had a vision of a few on here dragging an electric fence around a field  Cheesy Cheesy

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »

Chased by a cow and two dogs?HuhGrin

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
GJH

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »

Cows and people using certain machines without head phones. Oh and Jack Russells  Grin
Geoff
Jonnietaz

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 07:07:38 PM »

Being told to Bugger off, by some bloke in a field, after my dog has slipped her lead, having just got a electric shock off the fence, leading to my detecting site.
Rob Two Spades

XP Deus

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »

wet heavy sticky soil that clings to you wellies so every few steps you have 10lbs of clay stuck on the end of each leg  Angry

2017:
9 Hammereds - best: Edward IV Groat
46 Roman Bronze
1 Roman Denarius
Late Saxon strap end
2 Roman rings
2 Roman brooches
1 Roman Seal box
sinky

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 08:17:08 PM »

people  askin me  r u lookin for bombs   Angry Angry and I say boom idiots .
nonker10

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 10:29:49 PM »

nothing!! i love it so much when i am out there nothing cheeses me off apart from my mr's ringing me to tell i have to go home!!!!!!!!!
bristolminelab
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 10:44:51 PM »

intolerance

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal