Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slow or not too slow; that is the question?  (Read 4885 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 09:38:23 PM »

Wait ill you try the little Sharp Shooter.  All of a sudden the field, however small, seems like 40 acres. Shocked

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 09:47:09 PM »

He he he, I foolishly did that with the EuroAce and a Garrett SharpShooter coil on the beach; darned fool that I was!  Grin

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 02:31:38 PM »

The answer is when buy a new machine and go over well worked sites and still produce more good finds...yes you guessed it slower swing as you get to know your new machine.. Cheesy
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 04:09:08 PM »

What I need now with the Safari is pracice, practice, practice. Chris (Dungbeetle ) always told me "the more you practice; the luckier you will become!"  Grin

There is a section of well mowed grass land on one of my permissions, aproximately 25 X 100 yards, where I thoroughly detected using the EuroAce fitted with a Nel Tornado coil and I recovered plenty of decimal and pre-decimal coins; as well as a number of none coinage items. I also used two pegs and a long length of string to ensure that I worked every inch of that piece of ground and will find it interesting to see if the Safari will eek out anything that I may have missed.

I checked out that piece of ground yesterday and found it to be verry saturated and boggy so will put detecting it on hold for the time being. Instead, I plan to try and put in a full day's detecting on the beach this comming Sunday and see how the Safari and I get on together.  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »

You might be surprised Chris. The Safari just might winkle out a few silvers you missed.

Best of luck on Sunday.  Happy Hunting.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 07:00:37 PM »

I swing it slow aswell, wouldn't do it any other way, cut  quarters are such a faint target you wouldn't hear them. And a good set of chef phones are a added bonus.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal