Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MineLab Safari  (Read 3338 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: December 08, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »

Well, eventually took the plunge and ordered a Safari from Joan Allen today and am just awaiting delivery this week. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my Garrett EuroAce. It certainly has to be an improvement from the EuroAce and the C-Scope CS4PI on wet beach sand!

Once the machine is out o' the box and swinging, I will probably be pestering all you Safari owners for advice. The first outing is going to be on an old sports ground/building site where I have made loads of finds with the EuroAce.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 08:42:28 PM »

Hi Resurgram,yes I will be making the same upgrade very soon, should be interesting to compare notes and finds,good luck.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 08:59:53 PM »

Thanks for dropping by; I will keep you updated on my progress. The EuroAce has served me well on pasture but it just hated wet beach sand and my C-Scope CS4PI had me digging for England on scrappy beaches!

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 11:09:18 PM »

Let the party begin.   Roll Eyes Shocked Wink Grin Grin

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 01:27:49 AM »

Grin Grin Val

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 06:31:12 AM »

Bring it on; perhaps I will learn to do the "gold hammy dance" !  Grin Grin Grin Grin

dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 10:28:19 PM »

Hi buddy,strange coincidence, I also awaiting the arival of a new safari,also I have just got rid of my  euro ace, my new machine will be here this Monday,I didn't fare to well with the euro acedid moch better on ace250,strange as it may seem!,anyway,stay in touch,and let's see who can be the first to get a bit-a-gold!!!!🎅
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »

Dingdong, you're  on; no cheating mind!

The Safari arrived yesterday teatime and I assembled it last night. I was well impressed with the ease of assembly but one or two points caught my interest. The gloves that came with the package were a very snug fit but still operable. Interestingly, one isn't given an option of glove sizes to come with the package! When not in the machine, I imagine that the battery packs could do with a slip on cap to protect the terminals from shorting when not inserted in the battery compartment.

The control box cover didn't arrive with the machine and because the control box isn't water proof I have no intention of using the machine in the present weather conditions.

I have been using the EuroAce for a couple of years now and made some nice finds; including several hammered coins. This last season I have been detecting a building project/sports ground and recovered almost £30 in spendable decimals, a bag full of chopped coins, plenty of pre-decimal coins, and loads of brass/copper/and lead. At present, it looks as though I have detected the area clean with the EuroAce and Nel Tornado coil but it's going to be interesting to see how the Safari performs when I run it over the same ground that the EuroAce has been working.

I fully intend keeping the EuroAce as a backup detector but haven't yet made my mind up as to what I will do with my C-Scope CS4PI.

As for beach detecting; I normally work Talacre beach in North Wales but it has been something of a nightmare, with the EuroAce hating wet sand and the CS4PI having no discrimination.

Once I have reworked the building project with the Safari, I will introduce it to the sands at Talacre.

Looks like 2015 is going to be a good year, for you and me both!  Wink

Stay safe and happy hunting

Chris  Smiley

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 11:46:50 PM »

Nice one Chris.  It sounds like a good idea having a cap for the terminal end of the battery but I must say I always have a spare with me, fully charged and have never had a problem with it not being covered. Just keep it in a bag in the boot.

You could use a plastic bag and a rubber band on the control box. Just as good for short term. Get it out in the garden and LISTEN.  Advise  'ALL METAL'  and sensitivity 16-18 to start off.  That way you'll hear all the tones (if you're lucky enough to go over different metals)  It's the quickest way to learn what the tones are. Use the screen readings in conjunction with tones till you get used to them.  If you need any advice on other settings just shout.

Val

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 07:11:51 AM »

You have been reading my mind young lady; a small plastic bag and an elastic band should do the job nicely. I noticed also that the terminals are slightly recessed; so I suppose shorting the battery will no be as easy as I first imagined but the plastic bag will help to keep them clean. I don't know if you have the same carrying bag but mine seems a little unbalanced when I attempt to carry it. It is as though the handle could do with relocating a slightly. I am not complaining; just making some initial observations.  Smiley

I have one last job for the EuroAce this season ( on Sunday of this weekend ) and then I should be able to introduce the Safari to the building project, one day next week. It a little difficult getting out in this weather and our son and his new bride will be arriving soon from Australia to spend Christmas with us. My wife has got me cleaning, dusting, polishing, and chasing spiders. Not only has it got to be done but it has to be done "NOW"! As a procrastinator, I tend to upset the wife greatly!  Roll Eyes

I described an incident to our daughter and she said " dad I'm the same; it's a woman thing".  Roll Eyes

Hhhhm!  Roll Eyes

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 09:09:18 AM »

Ha  ha, ha. Cheesy

Can't help but smile over that Chris but I will correct the statement.  It must be a girly, girly thing and only proves it doesn't apply to Tom Boys. I keep the place reasonably clean and tidy but constantly put things on the back burner. Like the other day, on one of those odd occasions the Sun was shining, I noticed the shelf under the hall table is half an inch thick in dust. I commented on it and the fact I could write my name in it but I wont dust and polish it till next week so it'll be O.K. for Christmas, when we have a visitor for the day.   I mean, what's the use of jumping the gun and then having to do it all over again.  Roll Eyes

Val

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 10:58:52 AM »

Ah ha, a lady after my own heart. You have just reminded me of a childhood incident that took place many years ago. My oldest brother, whilst visiting, gave my self and my young brother half-a-crown each.

"Take care of it and keep it safe"; said Jim. "I will" said my young brother; "I will hide it in the dust under the bed!" Mother's face was a picture!  Shocked

Grin Grin Grin

Richie sixpence

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 12:20:10 PM »

Bring it on; perhaps I will learn to do the "gold hammy dance" !  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I wish you great success with the Safari Chris  Grin Grin please keep us all posted my friend  Smiley.

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 03:16:38 PM »

Hi Richie,
                hopefully, the performance of the Safari will be good enough to pay for
                  it's self!  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal