Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gray Ghost or Sunray headphones  (Read 7074 times)
altinkum

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 09:29:33 AM »

i've used the killer bee's on my f75 for a day they are a fantastic sharp tone. does anyone know if they can still be bought and where.  thanks mike

explorers, my arse
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 10:50:23 AM »

Just an add on to my last post really, 99% of all the US imported headphones i.e. , Grey Ghosts, Killer Bee's, Pro Golds, Nugget Buster and Rattler all use the same model of speaker and the same make of headset, Jolly Roger say that their speakers are different but I'm afraid I can't find any difference. Rat Phones are the only ones I can find from the US that are unique.
The sound difference comes from the echo effect of the headset and where they have set the limiter.

So "you pays yu money you takes yu choice"

Chef
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 03:13:03 PM »

Bob thought I should add what I posted on another forum last year

Not all phones with the same name are the same ie Predators. Mk 1 version sold well for years. The re vamp version wasn't liked and the replacement for that re gained their popularity.

Mole Phones were good in version 1 but version 2 were even better with a brighter/sharper sound.

Joan Allens Pro Phones were large cupped and white in colour with a thick coiled lead you could moor the Queen Mary with. Bit of an odd tone/muted but really suited the Fisher CZ's. Replaced by the slimline Pro Phones that were black in colour. These were real headclamps unless you had the smallest head ! Often supplied free to purchasers of the DFX but didn't make the best of the machines audio. I think they are now on version II but I've not tried these.

SunRay and Detector Pro (and Detector Pro's detectors with the circuit and batteries in the headphones) all came in a Mk 1 version which did suffer failures due to the ear cups tending to curl themselves up as you removed them putting strain on the wires. They fixed this problem a few years back but J.A. continued selling the old design (though at a reduced price).

Rat phones I really liked but they were not as universal as most other brands. You had to specify if they were for the Sovereign for instance when they came out.

Re the internals, Grey Ghost/Rattler/Nuggett Busters and Jolly Rogers are all from the same stable with Jolly Rogers being the cheapies at thebottom of the range.
Black Widows seem completely different as are Killer Bee's.

As for limiters none seem very good. A better option is to use a windowing signal booster but not to use it to gain depth. Richard Dodds MK 2 version in picture.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 03:22:29 PM »

I've just bought a pair of Kos ur 30 anything will be better than what i had.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »

Sorry Brian the killer bee's use the same 150 ohm Audiosears telephone speakers as the rest.

Chef
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 03:30:03 PM »

Hey Rob get them converted to Chef-Phones, you know it makes sense. Wink Wink Wink

Chef
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »

I,ll second that CHEF PHONES are a big improvement anyone who doubts this examine a pair in the flesh I notice nobodys mentioned wolf headphones which work well with lasers and whites I,ve also got a pair of peltors  Huh any body know why they won,nt work on my m6   Huh Huh mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »

Hi Mole and thanks, as to your "Peltor's", I doubt if your Chef-Phones work with the M6 either or do they? If so then it's a plus. it can only be because of the connections in the jack plug, Minelab, Fisher and (some) Garrett use one type of connection and Whites and Tesoro use another, Next time we meet up Remind me and I'll alter them them for you.

Chef

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal