Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Required Abroad  (Read 1865 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: November 14, 2014, 07:30:47 PM »

This is a long shot I know! My mate keepmeteethinthejar.....has gone to Majorca for the week staying in Alcudia. It is his first day and planned to detect in the water all week with his CTX, which he has had for some time for beach work, although it is his first time in the water with it, it started of good with a few bits of gold and a couple of chains however the machine has leaked water big time and is now unusable Cry Cry, to say he is gutted is an understatement especially on his first day, he is on his own as well as I could not go. Hence my shout out........Does any one know any one in Mayorca who could help or any dealers as i said this is a long shot but worth a try. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 10:26:29 PM »

Paul, if money's no object, anything is possible.  I'm sure any of our top suppliers would be only too glad to arrange 24 hour delivery, even to Majorca.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 07:31:46 PM »

Thanks Val, your rite of course Wink but I have found out that his CTX which he has had from new and has used on the beaches lots of times,but as I said it is his first time in the water has totally packed up strange noises, lines on the screen etc and the reason is............. There was no seal on the battery compartment hence the water leaking Huh I will ring Minelab monday but there's not much they can do obviously I just hope they will cover the repair Wink All you CTX users out there i should check you have the seals in place I certainly have checked mine.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 09:23:20 PM »

That sounds like it could be a dodgy one to prove Paul.  Was it never there or did he dislodge it when changing the battery.

Wish him the best of luck with that one.  Lot of money for repair and even more to replace.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 08:43:40 PM »

Jeez; what a predicament!  Shocked I hope your mate gets it sorted soon. Could he claim under his holiday insurance?  Undecided

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal