Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: thank you cheffy  (Read 4243 times)
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« on: November 11, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »

would like to thank chef geoff for inviting me down to somerset to detect on  one of his roman fields yesterday ,i have been wanting to find a roman coin for almost a 12 month since i started and chef did not let me down , the jedi master did find one before me and he purposely stayed off the roman hotspot for me too detect it on my own ,just before i found my coin i found a piece of a roman brooch which i almost put in with my scrap as it looked in too good condition to be anything else ,after a swift clip round the ear for not knowing my roman brooches off mr chefphones it was identified as around the 1st -2nd century polden hill type , the rest of the day myself and geoff found various other bits and pieces and at last light i found a watch winder so that for me was 3 items off my wanted list and i cant thank geoff enough , the one thing i like about detecting with geoff is i learn more about history in an hour than i probably learned in my school days ,
thank you very much geoff i really appreciate that and enjoyed our day

the mighty xp Deus
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:06:21 AM »

I thought you going to say "I learnt more in an hour with cheffy....... Than a lifetime with nobby"......lol Grin
That's probably true as well  Grin
Well done mucker...... Wink

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 11:17:16 AM »

The pleasure was all mine Justin and I feel sort of privileged to have helped in crossing a few of the list for you but remember the finding was all yours so very well done, the brooch, although only a bottom half is in stunning condition and as you say is a Polden hills, Hattatt 900, type.
Here's to the next time Wink
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 01:35:38 PM »

Ermmm Chef, A Polden Hills brooch found on the Polden Hill  Cheesy. Have you found one there yet Cheesy

Well done Justin, always good to get one's first roman Smiley

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »

Shut up! Cry Cry Cry Cry
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 02:27:18 PM »

cheers taff , im going to ask geoff if he will take me to his gold field next  Cheesy Cheesy

the mighty xp Deus
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 04:56:13 PM »

cheers taff , im going to ask geoff if he will take me to his gold field next  Cheesy Cheesy

don't bother its all gone  Cheesy Cheesy Roll Eyes

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 09:26:50 PM »

would like to thank chef geoff for inviting me down to somerset to detect on  one of his roman fields yesterday ,i have been wanting to find a roman coin for almost a 12 month since i started and chef did not let me down , the jedi master did find one before me and he purposely stayed off the roman hotspot for me too detect it on my own ,just before i found my coin i found a piece of a roman brooch which i almost put in with my scrap as it looked in too good condition to be anything else ,after a swift clip round the ear for not knowing my roman brooches off mr chefphones it was identified as around the 1st -2nd century polden hill type , the rest of the day myself and geoff found various other bits and pieces and at last light i found a watch winder so that for me was 3 items off my wanted list and i cant thank geoff enough , the one thing i like about detecting with geoff is i learn more about history in an hour than i probably learned in my school days ,
thank you very much geoff i really appreciate that and enjoyed our day
I purchased a coil from Geoff a couple of years back, popped down to pick it up and Geoff kindly took me on a Roman site for a couple of hours never knew me from Adam, it's not every body who would share a site like that  Smiley
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 09:34:57 PM »

And you found a nail cleaner as far as I remember Paul, I just love people finding things that I can see, I should set myself up as a rally FLO I could quite happily sit there and look at peoples finds Grin
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 09:44:05 PM »

And you found a nail cleaner as far as I remember Paul, I just love people finding things that I can see, I should set myself up as a rally FLO I could quite happily sit there and look at peoples finds Grin
I did Indeed, and that's not such a bad idea just think no more aching arms and back just sat in a chair Wink I will have to return the search on one of my flinty fields Geoff one day. Smiley
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 01:22:22 AM »

Well done Matey, you beat me to the Romans, but did you really go to school ?? Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 07:07:47 AM »

Geoff has been known throw the odd roman hoard out aswell,  ;-) :-D

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 08:35:32 AM »

Hang on, thats all you do anyway aint it.....Look at other people's finds Cheesy

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 08:38:41 AM »

well done guys, a great example to all.

I've yet to find a roman ................................  this week!   Grin Grin Grin

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal