Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hazards Of Detecting With Animals And Children!!  (Read 6992 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 05:00:13 PM »

OR
Always make sure you detect with someone who can't run as fast as you Grin
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 05:01:35 PM »

Quite, this was last week , out with Nobby and JCB - The animal in the video is neither of them by the way - I dont trot that way Wink

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152940550023081&l=6075981539623499315

Just had a thought.............What after shave do you use, and will it have the same effect on ladies?  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 06:11:08 PM »

Quite, this was last week , out with Nobby and JCB - The animal in the video is neither of them by the way - I dont trot that way Wink

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152940550023081&l=6075981539623499315

Just had a thought.............What after shave do you use, and will it have the same effect on ladies?  Wink

Eau de cheval

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 06:49:32 PM »

Horses are the weird ones with perfume and even talc.  I always use the same talc. but very rarely perfume. I'd been out one evening and the next morning went to let 'the boys' out and was amazed at the behaviour of the pony. He started to come to me at the door then suddenly shot off across the stable, was very nervous when I went in and flew out the open door like he had the Devil after him.
It was only later when talking to a friend about it she suddenly said about the perfume. Even after washing the smell was still there and it was new to him. So beware perfume, smelly talc and after-shave.
I agree with Geoff about the dog thing.  All my life I've only come across one dog I couldn't approach till I started detecting beaches. I'd say more dogs bark than don't but I think 'the stick' has as much to do with their reaction as the ear phones.
They must feel threatened.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Dylan
Rally attendee

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 07:18:56 PM »

Well, I wasn't using any aftershave although there was a definite smell in the air after my encounter - not one that would make the ladies chase after me I think!

It was strange that the dogs decided to run half way across the field to come and get me when they could have carried on walking down the track at the edge and they must have had pretty good eyesight to make out headphones at that distance although I did wonder if was the frequency that I was running the detector at?.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 07:38:57 PM »

Horses are the weird ones with perfume and even talc.  I always use the same talc. but very rarely perfume. I'd been out one evening and the next morning went to let 'the boys' out and was amazed at the behaviour of the pony. He started to come to me at the door then suddenly shot off across the stable, was very nervous when I went in and flew out the open door like he had the Devil after him.
It was only later when talking to a friend about it she suddenly said about the perfume. Even after washing the smell was still there and it was new to him. So beware perfume, smelly talc and after-shave.
I agree with Geoff about the dog thing.  All my life I've only come across one dog I couldn't approach till I started detecting beaches. I'd say more dogs bark than don't but I think 'the stick' has as much to do with their reaction as the ear phones.
They must feel threatened.

Val

Interestingly, expensive perfumes contain all sorts of natural extracts from the strangest of origines. Some perfumes have extracts from Civet Cat's anal glands and I suppose a horse may think "Killer Cat" and bolt!

Our dog, Sid, always became amorous with one of our friends when she wore a particular perfume. Roll Eyes

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 08:53:13 PM »

As long as it wasn't you Chris.  Could have been even more  embarrassing. 

You'd have loved one of my previous furry friends. Rusty, a little Terrier. That's mainly how I know about the territory issue. Nobody, but nobody dared put anything within pee height because he'd claim it.  Every time anyone came through the front door we had to warn them, Don't put your bag on the floor or kick your shoes off.  Now that was embarrassing.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »

One word....Headphones!
Dogs hate headphones no not just mine but all of them  Grin A dog's eyesight isn't what we would consider great and lacks the detailed information that our sight gives working mainly or shape and movement with their senses of smell and hearing more than making up for it, "most" dogs don't get upset until they get relatively close and this is because the top half of your body is now in silhouette and the shape of your head is just wrong! (no offence Dylan Cheesy), so if your worried about dogs get those headphones off before they get in range and hope they're not just nasty little b*****ds Wink

Even ChefPhones???  Shocked

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 09:51:22 PM »

Yes even Chefphones Chris but their saving grace is.....if you get attacked from the rear you'll never hear it coming Grin
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 10:10:06 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 08:27:34 AM »

brings a whole new meaning to chefphones being the dogs b..l.x    Grin Grin Grin

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 11:10:54 AM »

brings a whole new meaning to chefphones being the dogs b..l.x    Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 10:53:42 PM »

Ha ha ha ha

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2014, 01:32:50 PM »

regarding the video of the horse licking Robs face, id just like to point out hazards and importance of disease......you should under no circumstances consider licking Robs face!
 Grin Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »

DW's very own dog whisperer GJH ( Geoff ) is the man to see if you have a nasty mutt ,  Roll Eyes Shocked Cheesy , at this years 2 dayer he had a little jack Russell eating out of his hand in seconds   Undecided or was it eating his hand  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal