Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Linked Rallies
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Detecting Wales Santa Hats Rally Nr Winscombe North Somerset  (Read 30078 times)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« on: October 30, 2014, 08:58:06 PM »

Ok so here we have the 2014, Infamous Santa Hats Rally  

We have 80 acres of pasture to detect in a great area. I will let Chef edit this post to add his take on this area  Smiley

We will be having a token hunt as well, with the usual mix of prizes  Smiley

OK Guys it's that time of year again to don silly hats and walk around a field waving a stick at the ground while trying to stave off frostbite......what a great hobby this is Cheesy
Well this year we have a site that "could" be the best ever, if I were to draw a mile radius around our site I can give you tales of two Roman hoards, one contained in 2 large wine amphora, a hoard of Norman coins, a hoard of gold hammered coins and a smattering of staters for good measure, also one of the largest hill forts in Somerset together with neolithic standing stones and bronze age burial mounds and a Roman cemetery. Now that's the surroundings but what of our farm? well no one knows as all the preceding things have been found as a result of building, roads etc and our farm is just that a farm I can tell you that one the fields abuts a 14thC church the village that it serves has since that time turned 90° and moved a few hundred meters so there is a very good chance that our farm may hold the original village and Roman is almost guaranteed Wink

This will be a DetectingWales.com members only rally and I'm afraid everyone attending must be over 16 years of age. Usual terms and conditions apply. Everyone who attends does so at their own risk and we recommended that everyone has civil liability insurance. If you are a member of a club you will probably already have this. Please check.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

The location of the rally will be sent by private message to everyone who has signed up the day before the rally and the rally fee is £7.00 as normal.

NB Extremely Important Santa hats are compulsory and failure to wear one will result in your day being full of ointment tubes. Bah humbug hats are an acceptable alternative  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:19:46 AM by Tafflaff (Rob) » Logged

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 09:01:08 PM »

Wink

* noddy santa.gif (304.62 KB, 490x611 - viewed 1134 times.)

sinky

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 08:23:28 AM »

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool   Cool well done guys I like santas hats rallies
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 11:50:28 AM »

One of the Highlights of the DW Detecting calender for many.

Thankfully its not been copied as yet by the numerous imitators out there!

* 001.JPG (311.06 KB, 2224x753 - viewed 1201 times.)

* 10 DW members in their Santa Hats.JPG (70.69 KB, 856x374 - viewed 1188 times.)

* 079.JPG (220.25 KB, 951x524 - viewed 1280 times.)

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 12:35:12 AM »

I'm getting exited already

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 11:10:59 AM »

I'm getting exited already

i like the thought of being 'exited'  Grin Grin Grin

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 11:57:46 AM »

Dryland must be used to that being the natural born trouble maker that he is Cheesy

WEBBER

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »

Can't wait just trying to decide do I bring my Deus or my etrac?
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 09:17:51 PM »

I can't help you with that one I'm afraid but given the location the geology will be limestone and should be sandy soil so minimal mineralisation and the Etrac would be the best but on the off chance that we do end up right on top of the original settlement there could be a lot of iron and the Deus will be the one to have Huh
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »

Me trouble  Roll Eyes  Huh Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 06:04:47 PM »

Ok so here we have the 2014, Infamous Santa Hats Rally  

We have 80 acres of pasture to detect in a great area. I will let Chef edit this post to add his take on this area  Smiley

We will be having a token hunt as well, with the usual mix of prizes  Smiley

OK Guys it's that time of year again to don silly hats and walk around a field waving a stick at the ground while trying to stave off frostbite......what a great hobby this is Cheesy
Well this year we have a site that "could" be the best ever, if I were to draw a mile radius around our site I can give you tales of two Roman hoards, one contained in 2 large wine amphora, a hoard of Norman coins, a hoard of gold hammered coins and a smattering of staters for good measure, also one of the largest hill forts in Somerset together with neolithic standing stones and bronze age burial mounds and a Roman cemetery. Now that's the surroundings but what of our farm? well no one knows as all the preceding things have been found as a result of building, roads etc and our farm is just that a farm I can tell you that one the fields abuts a 14thC church the village that it serves has since that time turned 90° and moved a few hundred meters so there is a very good chance that our farm may hold the original village and Roman is almost guaranteed Wink

This will be a DetectingWales.com members only rally and I'm afraid everyone attending must be over 16 years of age. Usual terms and conditions apply. Everyone who attends does so at their own risk and we recommended that everyone has civil liability insurance. If you are a member of a club you will probably already have this. Please check.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

The location of the rally will be sent by private message to everyone who has signed up the day before the rally and the rally fee is £7.00 as normal.

NB Extremely Important Santa hats are compulsory and failure to wear one will result in your day being full of ointment tubes. Bah humbug hats are an acceptable alternative  Cheesy
Just down the road for me and a good area, mouth watering write up Rob, sounds as promising as you can get Shocked even though I have never really had much success at rally's plenty of others do so looking for ward to some cracking finds, and catching up with some of you Wink
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 07:32:43 PM »

Chef's write up Mr Spikey, I can just about tell you its pasture Smiley

celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 07:38:33 PM »

Oops sorry should have known that, I guess it's excitement  Smiley Rob. Well done Geoff Wink
colin

dig everything

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 08:09:29 PM »

Can you add me plz  got to find my hat up attic lol  Wink
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 09:59:52 AM »

Santa Hats is only ever a one dayer matey.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal