Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Flo Shropshire  (Read 5456 times)
WEBBER

« on: October 24, 2014, 08:08:18 PM »

Anyone know when Peter Revil will be back at work I wanted to find out about an item he sent away to the coroner about a year ago is there any way I can contact them directly .How long does the process normally .
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 08:19:53 PM »

Hi Webber if it's in the treasure process you "should" have had a treasure case number and a letter from both the coroner and British museum and if you have the number then the British museum is probably the best place to contact Wink
WEBBER

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 08:22:52 PM »

Ok thanks for that I will give them a ring next week.
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »

Anyone know when Peter Revil will be back at work I wanted to find out about an item he sent away to the coroner about a year ago is there any way I can contact them directly .How long does the process normally .

He's not easy to get hold of plus he's been off sick for months.
Don't be surprised if BM don't have paperwork.
As Geoff says quote the Treasure No and make a note of who you speak to and time and date of your call.
nonker10

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 10:50:12 PM »

peter used to be really good but I am afraid he seems to have lost it.i left a treasure item with him last year,with the landowners name and address.i was very embarrassed when after getting my reply went to see them to confirm they had also been replied to. found out they had not received anything.after months of trying to contact peter (by phone and e mail)I have had no reply whatsoever and I am stuck in limbo trying to explain to the landowners that I am being straight with them,but the so called ruling bodies are taking a very long time to acknowledge my find. Huh Huh Huh
david995

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 12:39:31 PM »

A farmer friend also had a bad experience with FLO this was he  handed in a mortar and pestal never heard back and could not get his items back off them ,  he told me if i find anything on his land  not to report it to FLO

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 01:04:59 PM »

Reading the above I think its silly handing finds in getting treated like that, the system is an absolute joke in my opinion, I also know of people losing items.
WEBBER

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 01:20:09 PM »

Reading all these comments I'm started to get a bit worried .I did have a look the other day on the portable antiquities site is it possible to record your finds yourself thus cutting out the FLO .I have an account set up and my own login so thought it might be possible has anyone ever done this?
Roy
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 01:20:34 PM »

Always found Peter very professional and his knowlege is second to none, yes hard to get hold off but I think this is down to work load with all goverment cut backs/job going etc.....my advice is keep sending those emails and follow up with an odd phone call,  'Always' hand in those treasure finds, we need to be professional in this hooby or it will come back on us all......

My teenage son told me at my 43rd birthday 'Dad do you know you are closer to death than being born'...makes you think..... I need to start living and digging bigger holes
david995

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »

my farmers experience was not with peter but with someone else in another area ,   

guess the best thing to do is hand it personally and keep photo evidence and get a reciept personally off the FLO  you hand it too,  in other words make someone responsible for it and hope you eventually get it back 

I see on here very often someone has been waiting a year or more for them to come back with any info after handing something in

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 05:18:03 PM »

would love to find something to trouble a flo Angry

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 07:33:20 PM »

A farmer friend also had a bad experience with FLO this was he  handed in a mortar and pestal never heard back and could not get his items back off them ,  he told me if i find anything on his land  not to report it to FLO

You should actually ask the landowners permission first before recording items, after all it is their property !
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 11:23:38 PM »

You should actually ask the landowners permission first before recording items, after all it is their property !

Technically no, treasure items are definitely not. And if no traceable living descendants are available. Finds are not always direct property of landowner.
How about artifacts of national Importance ie a hoard of stone axes would not fall under treasure act, but common sense would require reporting.
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 07:36:42 AM »

Youre being silly if you pardon the phrase Roll Eyes

When you are detecting on farmers or landowners fields dependant on the agreement you have if any, all finds on his property as a matter of courtesy should be brought to the land owners attention and discuss whether he wants the items recorded, bearing in mind that both parties should be reminded the law of the land and act responsibly. If there are no traceable decendants available, would you not question the validity of detecting on ground whereby you have not got permission to detect.

Its just common courtesy to inform the landowner before recording items. Grin

Now doubt you will wish to have the last word  Tongue
jelida
Rally attendee

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 09:51:26 AM »

It would be nice to be able to 'pick and choose' which laws of the land I had to obey, but unfortunately this isn't possible. While it is most certainly an essential courtesy to inform the landowner of finds,and gain permission for recording of non Treasure finds,  the law gives no choice in the matter of reporting potential Treasure finds, and a failure to do so attracts serious penalty. Treasure is the property of the state, and the finder and landowner are rewarded on the basis of a valuation determined by representatives of the state, though the state may also disclaim any interest in a Treasure find if it so wishes.

So as far as Treasure at least is concerned, there is no choice but to report.

The hobby cannot be seen to condone criminality, whatever ones personal views, and whatever the choices some individuals may choose to make.

Jerry

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal