Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best modern action film.  (Read 5522 times)
roaljodaka
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 08:02:39 AM »

Kids aye lol. Cheesy
david995

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 08:05:13 AM »

hey you guys go watch monsters 2 the dark continent when it comes out on november 28th

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 03:37:34 PM »

I'm  not much into 'Action' films but a really good compromise is a film called  'RED' (Retired, Extremely Dangerous)  it's an action comedy which I really enjoyed. Great cast as well...Bruce Willis, John Malkocich, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Byun Hun Lee, Anthony Hopkins & Helen Mirren.  Reccomended.
Another one is  'The Long Kiss Goodnight'  Can't remember who was in it but it was another one I enjoyed.

Val

Val, Long Kiss Goodnight is a good film. It featured Geena Davis and Samuel L Jackson.

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 04:29:28 PM »

Well i'm gonna kick of my shoes and watch a brilliant film called The grey with liam neeson.

What are your favourite action films that i could add to my collection??

Hmmm; did Liam kill the alpha wolf, or no!!!!?Huh?

Don't know lol, couldn't believe he ended up in the middle of the wolfs den, poor bugger  Undecided live and die this day.

Who the hell mentioned that movie in the first place? I decided to put in a couple of hours on Talacre beach yesterday, following the storm of the day before.
Just thinking of packing in, when I looked up and saw and idividual comming down the beach with a pack of some fourteen dogs! I could only count fourteen because they all kept running about like them there wolves.

As they were withing fifty yards, they started to show an interest in the strange guy digging in the sand. Ears pricked and noses high; they started to look as though they were going to head my way at a fast lick! And there was me with not a broken bottle or a role of insulation tape to be seen anywhere on the beach!!!!

Just as I was about to break into a swaet, the lady tunrned on her heels and all the hounds followed her back down the beach. Was I glad???  Shocked

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 05:49:58 PM »

That's right Mike, I'd completely forgotten, good film.

I'd have loved to have seen that Chris. There's one dog has that effect on us every time we pass their gate. She's already been reported to the Police a couple of times.  Her owner says she's just 'grumpy'  I'd hate to see her when she's angry. She really means business.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 11:48:14 PM »

Bloomin dogs just love us, don't they? I've had em help me dig for the target, just give a doggy greeting, and one big dog ( who wouldn't bite ) peed in me bag.  Shocked

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
midastouch

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 08:41:34 AM »

I agree with Val and recommend Red for an all action fun film. Packed with stars, shoot-outs and explosions. Great escapism.

I also like films based on true stories and two I really enjoyed are:

To Catch a Killer starring Brian Dennehy.  It's about John Wayne Gacy, the notorious serial killer, whose public face as a pillar of the civic community--he even used to dress up as a clown for local children' parties--disguised, at least temporarily, his sadistic homicidal tendencies. A really superbly acted film which is hard to find now on DVD.

Also, Catch Me If You Can starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks. Inspired by the extraordinary true story of a brilliant young master of deception, Frank Abagnale and the FBI agent hot on his trail. Much easier to find this film too  Wink

Both are really excellent films.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 08:43:02 AM »

Amazing how these posts can change, from blood and guts to dogs. Not a bad difference. Roll Eyes

Did anyone catch the new series last night on ITV2 called SCORPION.  A bit way out but loads of action (no blood and guts in part 1)  different and shows promise.

Val

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 10:50:50 AM »

Hey up Val; had that lady not walked the other way and taken that pack with her, there may have been blood n guts all over Talacre beach. "Mine!"  Wink

As for "Catch Me If You Can", I believe that guy finished up working for the FBI.  Shocked

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »

Chris, if you think that's scary, try 40 horses coming at you full gallop.  Or 30+ newly weaned heifers.  Been there, done that, didn't think much of it. 

Either of those would have made a good action shot and a lesson for any budding actor on how to look s$$t scared. Shocked

Val

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 03:18:52 PM »

"LOL"

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal