Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay sellers beware  (Read 5760 times)
bristolminelab
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 06:16:47 AM »

What's to stop him contacting you again asking for more money, since you've given in once could he theoretically try it
 again ?
This case is very complex and involves a number of people including art dealers so very unlikely, and he knows would get him no were
david995

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 09:44:38 AM »

He could,  as well as try again , he could still give neg feed back,  he is a blackmailer.

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
M111kca
Rally attendee

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »

I would of told him to do one.i sell a lot on eBay and need it but I would never do that.
bristolminelab
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »

sometimes the law does not protect the right people,There are times in life when it is best to just walk away which i have found out to my cost in the past. Lets hope the saying what goes comes around happens
galoshers

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 01:52:21 PM »

a Nigerian with a false account location bought a phone and then asked me to send it to Lagos which i refused .he never paid of it but it was flagged up as my fault ,so i had to start from scratch ,disputes on the bay are nigh on impossible to resolve
bristolminelab
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 02:17:44 PM »

a Nigerian with a false account location bought a phone and then asked me to send it to Lagos which i refused .he never paid of it but it was flagged up as my fault ,so i had to start from scratch ,disputes on the bay are nigh on impossible to resolve
I know what you mean i had my account high jacked twice in a week also by someone in Nigeria , once maybe but twice after changing all my passwords, ebay do have leaks and also had a job to convince them that it had been hijacked a second time.They were buying high value items and tryng to get the sellers to send them before payment.
Only a couple of weeks ago sold a Blackberry phone to someone regestered in Zambie he paid and sent phone straight away,.On return from PO message from ebay to say transaction canceled and not to post the Phone. Phoned them to be told he was no longer a ebay member and told to go back down the PO and get the phone back, which i refused and told them in no uncertain terms he paided so as in my ebay seller contract i should post which i did, Also informed them it was there selling platform i was using so if he was involved with crime it was there responsibilty not mine and that i should be covered under there seller protection programe, after much disagreement they did agree in the end and that was the end of the matter , and if he tried a charge back they would refund any thing i was out of pocket
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:19:21 PM by bristolminelab » Logged
win

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »

I always list items on eBay as for UK only, saves a lot of hassle. Alternatively you can permanently block any country or area you wish and block any user.
bristolminelab
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 04:26:14 PM »

I always list items on eBay as for UK only, saves a lot of hassle. Alternatively you can permanently block any country or area you wish and block any user.
There are also ways around this by them registering in uk then putting there shipping address overseas A Russian reg In UK  done this to me on some tools once and couriers in Russia cost a fortune.If someone is determined they will find a way around it
25% of my customers are overseas and just having uk sales affects the price on some items
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:28:20 PM by bristolminelab » Logged
chantalpoole

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 11:16:42 AM »

Not sure how he can leave neg feedback for you after 6 years as you only have 60 days.i sold on ebay full time between 2000 up to 2007 sold over quart million items.your buyer legally doesnt have a leg to stand on.block his user id and limit the amount of items any buyer can buy off or bid on in case he attemps to sabotage your auctions.phone ebays customer service and explain the situation.it is against ebay policy for a buyer to complete a sale with intent to damage a sellers reputation.after 6 years you owe this customer nothing.if he phones you r3cord the conversation and keep all messages.what he is trying to do is intimidate you and extort money from you

started detecting nov 2013
3 x hammy
6 x rings (1 gold 3 silver)
2 x romans
10 x full silver coins
92g of silver
1 x trade weight
a million odds n sods
and a bucket of scrap

it was this or prozac
bristolminelab
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »

good to see there are so many expert sellers here My selling manager has been contacted as i have said , there is nothing stopping someone having more than one account as i have 3 at the moment,Ebay might have rules but that does not stop someone breaking them. Had to refund £350 worth of goods on £1000 sale of something that is now worthless so still Over £550 not to bad realy
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:20:35 PM by bristolminelab » Logged
bristolminelab
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 01:06:38 PM »

This might help explain the situation better around 6-7 years ago i was offered a collection of 8 mono chromepen and ink pictures by a famous cartoonist drawn around 1917 all with war interested . Looked at them very closely with a mag glass and was almost sure they were correct any way i paid the private seller  and said would it be ok if in the morning if i  had another look at them he would refund me as i was not 100% sure, he yes said that would be fine. he had aldeady taken them to a auction house and they were not sure either.
So in the morning went around to 5 fello collectors/experts of artwork by this artist  who all viewed them and 5 sold straight away as there were very rare pictures for this cartoon with serious content,
So i listed one on ebay and within a couple of hours this sold also, the buyer left me feedback and was delighted with the picture ,the remaining picture sold off ebay over the next few months, and i keep one myself,
I must admit i was still only 95% sure they were correct and within my ebay discribsion listed as a picture only and not a original .So covering myself but now over 6 years later the buyer has contacted me and i gave him another picture as a good will gesture as i did feel bad for him as .
The so called expert that said they were correct having parted with Over £3000 have yet to find out that they to have none original works of art,
I have done a number of tests on the one that i have and beleave it to be a photo printed on high fibre paper of the period with very fine grain and matt finish printed during that time , so as you see quite complex . But as  many have said after 6 years what case does he have , he was happy with it , i decribed it as it was and offered full refund if not happy etc
When the news of this gets out no doubt i will be having the other collectors wanting money out of me.
Have up loaded picture of the one i still had and was offered over £3000 cash for it but decline and have just taken it out of the frame again and still not sure one way or the other
bristolminelab
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 01:12:15 PM »

Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »

But you sold them in good faith after seeking 2nd expert opinions.
Id go back to your experts and see what they say. I imagine it will be the same as the majority of these posts.
Now if you was Sotherbys or Bonhams that may be a different matter.
bristolminelab
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 06:12:52 PM »

But you sold them in good faith after seeking 2nd expert opinions.
Id go back to your experts and see what they say. I imagine it will be the same as the majority of these posts.
Now if you was Sotherbys or Bonhams that may be a different matter.
They bought most of the remaining drawings  Cheesy so they may not welcome the news ,they are experts but not in the trade and only collectors, one had bought 3 so he will be well gutted. I still made money on the 8 drawings  but any thing i done was in good faith, But the experts/collector were viewing them out of frames with magnefing glass so that is there loss

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal