Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: xp Deus vs explorer se  (Read 3730 times)
david995

« on: October 11, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »

Hi , i'm thinking of a lighter machine,

i have an explorer se and the weight is just getting to much , i was think the xp Deus , was wondering if any one has compared them ?

i need pasture and wet sand also some land is heavily mineralised asking a lot to cope with all 3 but the explorer does it quite well

also not sure what the standard coil is for the Deus but i usualy use a 15" wot on the explorer to get the ground coverage and sensitivity

was also wondering how sensitive the Deus is as i need to be able to detect cut quater hammereds

any help would be apprieciated

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »

The Deus isn't too clever on the wet sand but it will do the other conditions easily. Don't get the 13 inch coil with it as it throws the balance all to hell. They are excellent on mineralised ground .
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 04:44:47 AM »

Just have both - but stick an ultimate coil on the Minelab Smiley

My personal tally (this year) is 6 hammereds for my ETRAC and 1 hammered for my Deus - but there are other people who would have a tally the other way round.

celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 08:11:59 AM »

Hi , i'm thinking of a lighter machine,

i have an explorer se and the weight is just getting to much , i was think the xp Deus , was wondering if any one has compared them ?

i need pasture and wet sand also some land is heavily mineralised asking a lot to cope with all 3 but the explorer does it quite well

also not sure what the standard coil is for the Deus but i usualy use a 15" wot on the explorer to get the ground coverage and sensitivity

was also wondering how sensitive the Deus is as i need to be able to detect cut quater hammereds

any help would be apprieciated
Get the Deus there will be know turning back ( inland) don't expect the Deus to be a serious beach machine because it's not especially compared to the Explorer Wink minelab rules on the beaches unless you master the pulse machines but even then minelab can hold there own. The Deus will amaze you when it comes to small finds I have had 2 cut quarters in the last few trips in medium to high mineralization I guess my advice would be keep your explorer and get the Deus that is until Minelab gets there act together and start developing lighter less bulky machines Roll Eyes then I would be the first in the Que.
david995

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 08:46:42 AM »

Yes i was thinking on those lines keep the explorer for beach and use the Deus in land

i was just needing to be sure i would not  loose sensitivity 1 by using the Deus and 2 by using a smaller 11" coil ( currently use a wot 15" on the explorer )

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 09:16:40 AM »

You've got to think of sensitivity and depth as two completely different things the Deus with its 9" coil is more sensitive to small cut quarter type targets than say your SE with a 15" WOT but your SE will punch deeper on pasture on larger items, if you were to put on an 8x6 SEF you will find you get more depth than the WOT on small items (and we are talking "Small") this is because of less mineralised ground below the coil and this is why the Deus with a 9" seems to punch so deep and why with the 13" it doesn't.
As said above "horses for courses" the Explorer for pasture and beach and the Deus for arable and rallies. With your mineralised sites you will get a better result with the Deus but on neutral mineralised ground the SE will score higher Wink
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:19:29 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged
david995

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 02:19:51 PM »

Thanks guys ,

i read on one forum' s thread that the 11" was a big improvement on the 9" for the Deus i don't know if a Deus useron here  can confirm that ?

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 04:07:45 PM »

Thanks guys ,

i read on one forum' s thread that the 11" was a big improvement on the 9" for the Deus i don't know if a Deus useron here  can confirm that ?
I use the 11inch coil and as far as I'm concerned it has replaced the 9 inch, that said in amongst really junky ground it would be more suited, but I manage well enough on roman and medieval site so it's the 11 for me. The last 2 cut quarters and a celtic quarter unit fell to my 11 probably due to better ground coverage than depth over the 9 in fairness Wink
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 04:12:36 PM »

No the reason was that you were using the 11" and not the 9" Grin Wink
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 04:29:41 PM »

I use Deus for quick results on rally days especially fresh plough or stubble fields, though on occasions if the stubble ground is baked hot, the se pro comes into its own, though I use se  for the first couple of hours on pasture till my arms ache and then still revert back to Deus, using small stock coil or 16" dependant on length of grass. Both are excellent machines in the right hands  Grin
david995

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »

Geoff i'm mostly interested in hammered's everything else is secondary,  would the best compromise be the 11"  for a reasonable coverage and ability to detect at reasonable depth smallish targets ?  i have thousands of acres to go at so need some coverage really

is there a better after market coil for the Deus ?

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
carling2

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »

stick a 13" ultimate on a explorer se ,,, job done  Wink
david995

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »

Hi carling
 im very happy with the explorer and wot 15" as far as finding stuff goes and  as you can see i get plenty of hammereds,  its the weight that s the issue

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
carling2

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 05:09:48 PM »

yes I can see you get plenty of hammereds , maybe not as much as me but that's by the by Grin ,, I been using a explorer for years {have upgraded and sold em on} the ultimate is  a fairly new extension to my arsenal and at 1st I wasn't sure but I must say the 10" slimline hasn't been on for a while now.. if its a question of weight get a fairy stick some people love em some hate em but remember your going to have a learning curve..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:15:51 PM by carling2 » Logged
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 05:38:28 PM »

No the reason was that you were using the 11" and not the 9" Grin Wink
Good point Geoff Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal