Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Half Sovereigns  (Read 5137 times)
Slim Pickings
Rally attendee

« on: October 01, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »

Hi, New to the site but thought I would add my eyes only finds, have had a lot of eyes only finds over the years on the beaches my best being 5 gold rings all 18ct and 22ct on a stripped out beach near Seaton, metal everywhere no chance of using a detector.but the best for me was 3 half Sovereigns on the top floor of a Victorian house I had just moved into, with little done to it since it was built. Grin Grin
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:58:40 AM by Slim Pickings » Logged
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 03:36:38 PM »

Nice work if you can get it.  I remember an elderly local telling me his Dad used to beach comb after a good storm and would come home with loads of coins.  His prize find was a diamond ring which he gave to Mom.

We had winds up to and over 100 mph on parts of this coast last winter. Stripped loads off the beaches but I didn't see any rings. Cry  stange, that, I miss the gold but can usually find flint in the fields.

Val

p.s. what about a few pics.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Slim Pickings
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »

Ok Val will try to get some plcs up soon if I can work out how to. The beach that was stripped out was a quite a few years back now  and I have never seen a beach like that again, it was pepples and every last one was gone , steps onto the beach were hanging 15 ft in the air , metal everywhere.  Smiley
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 07:06:28 PM »

Ok Val will try to get some plcs up soon if I can work out how to. The beach that was stripped out was a quite a few years back now  and I have never seen a beach like that again, it was pepples and every last one was gone , steps onto the beach were hanging 15 ft in the air , metal everywhere.  Smiley
Sounds like Sidmouth ? that stripped out big time around then my mate was there done very well, didn't take long for mother nature to chuck the pebbles back thou Shocked hence I missed it Embarrassed Embarrassed Wink
Slim Pickings
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »

Not far off , It was just back round from there, was the far right end of Seaton a little place called Seaton Ho, I myself was late to get there and a guy told me there was nothing left as detectorist had been over it for a week, he said one had found a gold stater, I was glad I put the detector away and started  turning over rocks and metal. Smiley Smiley
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 07:47:34 PM »

Not far off , It was just back round from there, was the far right end of Seaton a little place called Seaton Ho, I myself was late to get there and a guy told me there was nothing left as detectorist had been over it for a week, he said one had found a gold stater, I was glad I put the detector away and started  turning over rocks and metal. Smiley Smiley
Yeh I know where you mean, let's hope the storms are back over Christmas and new year. If it does I mite see you round that part of the coast. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 07:57:06 PM »

I took a few pics at Amroth the other day just to show John how it had changed.  We've been down here 15 years and in all that time Amroth has been a waste of time detecting because of the depth of sand.
After 'the big one' last winter it got stripped and a huge portion of the wall and road disappeared. Amazingly it's never recovered.
Wisemans Bridge and, to a certain extent Saundersfoot have been affected the same way.
I also took a pic of what I thought might be a shell.  I've adjusted the pixels in paint but for some reason it only worked on the vertical so I can't down load it.  Gave me a bit of a shock. Still not sure what it was. No signal on phone so I left it where it was and went home. Roll Eyes

Val

* WP_20140928_002.jpg (165.63 KB, 900x505 - viewed 1113 times.)

Slim Pickings
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:19:17 PM »

Val, Did you have any good finds from the beach in the pic after the storms or from Saundersfoot ,Also as it has not really recovered is it worth a trip up for me. Smiley Smiley
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 08:28:16 PM »

Only if you want some well worn spares for the boat, car or whatever else they came off.  There was a complete car wheel with the tyre still on up on the pebbles  Roll Eyes

Didn't stay much above a couple of hours and all I found was fishing weights. But hey that's good for Amroth. Needs some one with good legs and plenty of time.  Even what sand there is reminds me of Pendine.  All very wet ripples and full of rubbish signals.   Never known it be like that before. I was quite surprised, didn't realise it was such a messy beach.

Met Gold Finger the day before and he said he'd only had 17 rings this year and he was very disappointed  Shocked mind you he does go out every day and after finding 42 gold and 28 silver in one hole last year I spose anything less would disappointing.

Val

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 08:05:07 AM »

I think I figured out how to show you the 'shell'   Here goes.   By the way if anyone has any idea what it is, please shout.
Open, one end with recessed ring with holes and the middle of that is raised with a thread in it. The other end is closed and rounded.  Seems to be made of Iron and was once painted.

Val

* WP_20140928_003.jpg (222.07 KB, 800x449 - viewed 814 times.)

Slim Pickings
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 08:21:07 AM »

Val , not sure what the object is maybe someone else could ID it, That was some glory hole your friend had with all those rings in it. Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 09:00:57 AM »

I think that should read "one whole year" either that or it's a clear case for why substance abuse is dangerous Cheesy Cheesy
Slim Pickings
Rally attendee

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 09:58:29 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Thanks for clearing that up for me, couldn't sleep last night for thinking about that glory hole  Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal