Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: I swear this honestly did happen  (Read 10325 times)
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 03:26:04 PM »

hi,  you mentioned nothing became of the  "welsh time team " , there was a full series of "welsh time "  ( not the time team guys )  a few weeks ago and some interesting digs and was presented by a very able guy on s4c

I'll have to look out for that - stuck in Taiwan at the moment, so having to look at UK tv via a VPN hookup......

Did sort of mean nothing came of it involving me as well of course Smiley
david995

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 03:33:24 PM »

I did put a post on here to let everyone know a new welsh " time time " type series was coming on,  i forget what it was called there were about 6 shows all on s4c and the digs were spread all over wales it has been repeated once since, that was  a few weeks ago

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
Svaipa

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »

OMG  !!!  Some really funny stories there. Trust Dylan to bring something like this up  Wink

hi,  you mentioned nothing became of the  "welsh time team " , there was a full series of "welsh time "  ( not the time team guys )  a few weeks ago and some interesting digs and was presented by a very able guy on s4c

Any link to that program by any chance ? Would love to see if I can get them down on discs.
sharkey
NWDD Member

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 02:39:39 PM »

it was called archaeoleg and presented by iestyn jones. struggling to find a link online, it has expired on the s4c catch up player  Undecided

*North Wales Dirt Diggers
*Chester Mob member #002
*XP Deus
Svaipa

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 08:09:59 AM »

Oh bummer. Might be able to get it on disc from a helpful friend in BBC  Wink
Svaipa

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 08:13:48 AM »

Is it this programme ?
 http://www.s4c.co.uk/ffeithiol/e_olion.shtml
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 08:29:26 AM »

That sounds about right Jo but the video  doesn't work on click.  Shame we missed it but that's the problem with not speaking Welsh.  Makes you wonder what else we might have missed.

Wonder if they made an English version.  Would have loved to watch it.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
david995

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 08:34:38 AM »

hi yes thats the one , i dont speak welsh either but use the sub titles and most of the show was in english anyway as some of the people in it were english there were a a few sites in south wales excavated as well as north

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 09:04:15 AM »

Taking Johns advice I plucked up courage and talked myself into going to another farm to ask for permission. Got there only to find the Farmhouse was in the process of being re-furbished after a fire. No inhabitants, no one in sight so I knocked on the door of the nearest house. Lovely lady, we talked for ages and I learned the Farmhouse had been gutted, the old Farmer in his 80's had gone into care and the farm split up. House, one field and out-buildings sold and not sure if the fields sold or reverted to 'The Estate' ?
She pointed me in the direction of the 'other' Farmer down the lane. Fields on the other side of the lane. Off I went.
House looks like something out of Hammer House of Horror but I knocked on door, no answer. O.K. not unusual, go round the back.  Picked my way through the muck and rubbish, found the back door and knocked. OMG that Farmer on The Detctorists has nothing on this old fella.  He looks like old man Steptoe but older. I introduced myself and asked the question.  I don't know about that, says the old man scratching his head.  OMG (again) I saw his nails, ARGH  at least 6in long and like cow hooves.
Un-neared a little I continued, assuring him I filled in all holes and always shut gates. Almost bent in 2, only his head moved as he interrupted me, If you find something, do I get anything ?  I said he reserved the right to keep anything but usually it was 50/50.   Well I suppose it's alright then, says he.  Mission accomplished.
I now have permission on a farm that hasn't been worked in years and the only way into the fields is through his yard. Not sure if I'll bother  Sad Roll Eyes

Val

david995

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 09:09:38 AM »

I would at least give each field a quick once over , you never know there could be lots of stuff there

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
Svaipa

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 09:22:54 AM »

Go for it Val. You might even find that when you get to know the "beast" a bit you might have your self a new farmer friend  Wink
Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2014, 10:55:05 AM »

I wondered where the old man had gone! Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »

I s'pose you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but to be honest I wasn't really interested in his fields.Still at least it's somewhere new to go.
Finally managed to get through to new 'owner' of the fields I wanted to go over. Hows this for a list,  I'm a tenant and can't give permission, I have cattle in some of the fields and you wouldn't know they were there till you went over the brow of the hill, I've had gates left open, cows out on the lane, too many strange people wandering around and I have bulls in with the cows.
Sounds like a load of old bulls to me but there you go.  Now you know why I don't like asking.

Val

icedout84

garrett ace 250

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2014, 08:32:30 PM »

That did sound like hard work Val, judging by your experience i think I might stick with my 1 and only permission for a bit longer till I venture out further a field for new permission. Cheesy
carling2

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 09:04:13 PM »

chase the beast val ,,maybe the general state of the place and the wolverine appearance has put many off ,, but as the old saying goes where there is muck theres brass ,,,,, Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal