Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detecting Wales Rally 81 Day Two - 'The Man with the Bronze Age Axe!'  (Read 16389 times)
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 08:19:50 PM »

Now Alan you've really got me worried with the answer to question 2 Huh

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 08:20:38 PM »

The actual crime came under law for high treason for which the sentence for men was to be Hung, Drawn and Quartered...............................but don't panic I think I can get you off the Quatering Grin
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 08:21:43 PM »

...and i can get you off the hunging!!  Grin Grin Grin

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 08:22:27 PM »

..so all you need now is picasso for the drawing!!

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »

Phew thanks both, I knew I could rely on you  Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
davidt
Rally attendee

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 08:43:36 PM »

Sounds every bit as good as Handyman told me - naturally, I believe everything he tells me!
One day I hope to get to an event like this. Smiley
davidt.
midastouch

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 06:46:37 AM »

great reports as usual neil , and well done to all the organisers and a huge thanks to ben and his wife for a truly memorable weekend and to all dw members who made it such a success .

I got to mention one very keen newbie to dw rallies MIDASTOUCH ( IAN ) . who caught a train from Penarth to Gloucester , a bus to ross - on- wye and finally a taxi to the farm  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked , now that's keen , well done ian it ws a pleasure to meet you mate

Right back at you buddy  Smiley Didn't want to miss this two-dayer for anything - my very first rally too. On Friday night, I said that I would just be happy with one interesting find. Well, I found a Jetton, a child's thimble, two buttons and a couple of old pennies so I was very pleased. Even better, I got to meet some great folks and thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality of Ben and his family. The views were also spectacular - even if we were denied the chance to see the Northern Lights on the Friday. My neck was crooked and my legs ached on Monday and Tuesday, but the fall I performed on Saturday night bore no lasting damage. I was obviously too relaxed with the amount of Cider, Beer, Vodka and Strange Mushroom Brew consumed  Huh Grin

Great write up of the two days Neil - it would be fantastic to go back there next year if possible.
Ben Taylor-Davies
Rally attendee

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »

HI All,

Just a message from the Taylor-Davies family (Farm owner) thank you for the kind words, the excellent report writing, but most of all for taking the time to come and show us your finds with enthusiasm and explaining to us what each and every one was - thanks also to the guys that let us have the various finds for us to frame and hang on the wall in the farm house as a memento of what had been dropped or mislaid on the farm over many thousands of years. A massive thank you to Alun who took our youngest daughter Erin out for a few hours detecting on the Saturday evening which she absolutely loved and funnily enough have been out every evening since! and now she has turned off the iron we have found various buttons, coins and bronze bits and bobs. It was a great weekend and we are so thrilled that you all dug deep for 'Birmingham children's hospital' who about 2 years ago saved our boys life - for which we will be eternally grateful - Jobe has his own fellowship in the hospital where they treat serious head and brain injuries and continue to research children's brain injuries, so thanks so much for that. Of course if you ever fancy another rally - you know where we are and we would love to see you all again.
Doug

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 11:51:18 AM »

It was a pleasure Ben to meet your family and your good-self and all for a worthy cause.

Beautiful scenery, cracking breakfast and the evening entertainment and food, it was also one of the best rallies I have ever had the pleasure to attend. ( I really could get used to it!)

The various finds that we donated to you was the least we could do and will hopefully be a talking point in years to come on the history of your farm.

Kind regards..........Doug and the DW team.
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 06:07:21 PM »

great write up , enjoyed the 2 dayer ..will be staying away from homemade blackberry vodka  Grin.
fantastic fun ,enjoyed the quiz and bbq .and a great sum raised for charity.below some pics i took sorry for delay first time i have been in front of pc( please can we sort something out to be able to upload pics straight from mobiles)

* rally view 4.jpg (87.31 KB, 735x980 - viewed 734 times.)

* rally view 3.jpg (87.8 KB, 980x735 - viewed 1046 times.)

* rally view 2.jpg (157.12 KB, 980x735 - viewed 1029 times.)

* rally view 1.jpg (133.35 KB, 980x735 - viewed 1383 times.)

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »

cracking write up neil again , i like the ninja throwing star 3rd picture from the bottom Cheesy Cheesy

the mighty xp Deus
Doug

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »

cracking write up neil again , i like the ninja throwing star 3rd picture from the bottom Cheesy Cheesy

That was the spur rowel that I found in the orchard which I donated to Ben's wife.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal