Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teknetics Eurotek Pro  (Read 4371 times)
hawkeye21
Rally attendee

« on: September 07, 2014, 04:44:07 PM »

Hi folks. I only started in the hobby in March this year and after reading all the rave reviews, I bought a Teknetics Eurotek Pro with the DD coil as it seemed to fit the bill on price and features. I've been on quite a few club digs (with little success!) and as I have not seen anyone else using this model of detector, I was wondering if any of you guys use this machine and what your thoughts on it are. I know you "have to be over it to find it" as they say but my finds rate has been pretty poor to date. I have experimented with depth tests, different settings etc but it seems to make little difference. Some experienced detectorists use them as back up machines so they must rate them but it's my only machine and I am getting very frustrated with it!! I know ground conditions can make a huge difference in the performance of any machine but it would restore my confidence in the Eurotek to know that someone somewhere has actually had some good finds using it!  Undecided
bristolminelab
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 05:00:43 PM »

Hi yes it is a good machine my wife has a garrett ace250 and i think this is a better machine, found a nice james 1st hammered a couple of weeks ago with it, Have dug 8 inches deep with it, With regards to setting run as much sensitivity as you can most sites will allow you to run 10 fine and i run with no discrimination ignore the low tone a listern for the mid and high tones and keep the coil nice and low to the ground . The finds WILL come

* DSCF9461_zpsf3007e74.jpg (73.63 KB, 500x375 - viewed 452 times.)
hawkeye21
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »

Thanks for that mate. Delighted that you used the Euroace to find the hammy so maybe there's hope for me yet! I usually run it at zero discrim with sens around 8/9 so maybe I have just been unlucky so far. I've never met anybody at a dig who actually uses one so it's great to get some feedback on it. I was seriously considering getting shot of it for a more advanced machine but I'll stick with it for the time being and keep my fingers crossed!
bristolminelab
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 07:19:07 PM »

i do use it as a back up to my minelab but do use it over the minelab sometimes , but is a very good machine recovers fast good depth and light enough to swing all day , stick with it and the finds will come Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »

Don't be too depressed at your lack of decent finds and don't be too quick to spend more money.

I up-graded to a Minelab Safari, thinking my lack of finds was down to not having a good enough machine.  Wrong.  I have every confidence in my Safari but my finds have not changed. It finds the tiniest bits of conductive metal you could imagine and at reasonable depths.   I am also convinced it's not my technique. Low and slow is the rule of thumb so that only leaves one explanation.
My field are agricultural and always have been.  Cows don't drop coins and cows were the main currency down here in S/W Wales till into the 1700's.  That ties in nicely with what I am finding. Oh and I never find anything at Rallies either  Roll Eyes So maybe you're in the same situation.  If you go over it you will find it. Wink

Val 

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
hawkeye21
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »

Thanks Val. Being Scottish I am never in a hurry to spend more money than I really have to! What you're saying makes perfect sense and finds are all down to population relative to the area being searched. Maybe it's just down to really bad luck on my part. As an example, I was on a dig a couple of weeks back and the in the ground I had just walked over literally a second before, somebody found a hammered, followed by an annular brooch and I watched in disbelief about 6 feet away as he dug them up! It's not the first time that's happened so you can see what started me thinking!! Like you I am sure it's not my technique and I can read the signals and tones but good finds just seem to evade me. I am on a new permission mid week so here's hoping!  Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »

It's not really that surprising, when you think about. Think about the swing, from side to side, as you are moving forward. How big is you step compared to the sweep.  I've tried it and I'm only 5ft 1in  so my steps are quite small but even so I can over reach the swing.  A coin is only mm's Nothing could be easier to miss.
Then there's the signal itself.  You know that good deep grunt of Iron and ignore it but did you realise that Iron signals can come in as many forms as the iron itself. This makes it very confusing to decide to dig or not. You may have missed some good 'iffy' signals.
At times I've got so desperate I've dug the 'iffy' ones only to discover there was iron and a coin together. Must admit I gave up this afternoon, the ground beat me. We really need some serious rain.
Keep at it and be a bit more daring than me, go ask for some new permissions.

Val 

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal