Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: different frequency  (Read 2666 times)
adt69

« on: August 21, 2014, 11:35:45 AM »

Hi all
What would be the difference in frequency between 8khz  and 18khz
Will there be any  any effect on depth or speed recovery which frequency is best.
Al.
brickie58

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:57:51 AM »

Hi all
What would be the difference in frequency between 8khz  and 18khz
Will there be any  any effect on depth or speed recovery which frequency is best.
Al.
8khz would be better on bigger items 18 kHz on smaller items and depends on your machine re speed but the gmp runs on 18khz and its fast, separates better in trashy areas.

full XP Deus ws5 phones 9" and 11", minelab explorer se greyghost phones15" wot 13" ultimate 11" pro 8x6"sef Garrett pinpointer
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 11:59:04 AM »

The frequency wont effect the recovery speed but it does have a bearing on depth, the general rule is the lower the frequency the deeper it will detect BUT the less sensitive it is to smaller items the higher the higher the frequency the more sensitive it is to small items but can't punch as deep...............There is another BUT here and that is for small we are talking cut quarter and for large we are talking fridge Grin On paper a 7 kHz machine will find a pre decimal penny deeper than a 15 kHz machine but price also comes into play, here in the UK we're not really seeking deep iron artefacts like they do in the States so the higher frequency machines are more popular.
Al you still seem to be chasing the machine that doesn't exist, have another read of this thread and it explains why we will never have the depth we want Undecided

http://www.detectingwales.com/index.php?topic=17543.0
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »

I've used the Deus for a long while now and experimented with frequencies and found that the lower ones do not pick up smaller hammered etc at any depth. The 18khz seems to be the right one for hammered coins. It works for me anyway. It's not all about depth there are so many other factors to take into account. Don't be taken in by makers claims, just get used to your machine and don't look for  the perfect on it doesn't exist.
roaljodaka
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 12:51:02 PM »

I've used the Deus for a long while now and experimented with frequencies and found that the lower ones do not pick up smaller hammered etc at any depth. The 18khz seems to be the right one for hammered coins. It works for me anyway. It's not all about depth there are so many other factors to take into account. Don't be taken in by makers claims, just get used to your machine and don't look for  the perfect on it doesn't exist.

Totally agree with the secret squirrel, i use mine @ 18khz i find that the deeper it goes you end up getting a good signal on deep iron, you end up digging a good spade full out before you get that iron falsing signal, plus i am now pulling hammies out quite close to surface   Wink, just a matter of time learning those sounds  Wink
adt69

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 03:01:03 PM »

Thanks for all the info, I do notice with my blisstool I get a very good signal but it turns out to be deep iron, like you say it's not all about depth.
Al

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal