Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Couple of french jettons and a saxon wrist clasp  (Read 4999 times)
selectcase
Rally attendee

« on: August 02, 2014, 08:39:20 AM »

Went out on the new permission yesterday - its next to a Saxon graveyard and I found the remains of a possible Saxon wrist clasp and a couple of French jetton -  its still in stubble so when it gets cultivated it should be good

herbie

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 09:02:58 AM »

Great video, enjoyed watching it Smiley With regards the key escutcheon I've found loads and bits of furniture mounts and handles in the middle of nowhere, can only think they must have buried stuff in the fields as they didn't have refuse collections etc then.

Same sh*t different hole!!
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:34:37 AM »

Nice video Will I can tell you haven't been detecting as long as some because your still mystified at the junk Cheesy Cheesy I think your first jetton is a Nuremberg not French and dates to the later 16thC the large piece of lead is a leather workers palm guard Wink
welsh john

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 09:49:45 AM »

Great video, enjoyed watching it Smiley With regards the key escutcheon I've found loads and bits of furniture mounts and handles in the middle of nowhere, can only think they must have buried stuff in the fields as they didn't have refuse collections etc then.

You are right about people burying rubbish in the fields.A farm that I go to the farmer told me that is father use to take a trailer in to the village for the locals to tip their rubbish into then he would spread it on the fields.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:51:29 AM by welsh john » Logged

Minelab Explorer SE.
Sef 8x6 coil,Platapus coil,10"stock coil.
Garrett pro pointer.
Finds,
Queen Ann trade weight.
Bronze Axe Head.
Roman partifact.
1350 Bronze Token.
William lll Sixpence.
George lll Shilling.
Victoria Shilling.
Silver......80g.
Gold.........0g.
Scrap
selectcase
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 10:22:23 AM »

Nice video Will I can tell you haven't been detecting as long as some because your still mystified at the junk Cheesy Cheesy I think your first jetton is a Nuremberg not French and dates to the later 16thC the large piece of lead is a leather workers palm guard Wink

Quite right Geoff - I have been detecting about three years in total and I still finds loads that mystifies me - to be honest I have had the Deus half of that time and I am still learning that as well - I have just bought the control box for it and have found the id numbers etc a mixed blessing so am going to stick with the tones for ID for now  - I will update the vid with your info thanks - I would never have imagined the lead as a palm guard. Smiley

cheers
will
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »

Very enjoyable vid. Keep them coming. I see the dogs were not allowed out. Less holes to fill in.lol

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 10:46:39 AM »

Well if it ain't broke don't fix it as your doing very well as it is and to be honest the display on most machines only give you a reason not to dig Wink
The give away on palm guards is the slight depression in the centre which stopped the needle slipping off and into your hand/arm.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal