Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: ultimate coil and iron  (Read 7476 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 08:39:02 PM »

I seem to have been here before.  Nulling, red soil etc.   I have the Safari and have found that the way to go is 'All Metal' which is Ferrous,  'Low Trash' for quicker recovery, Sensitivity 16/17,  Go very slow,  dig anything that so much as squeaks and use a NEL sharpshooter, or similar. Forget the big coils on this sort of ground, they pick up too much all at the same time and I think you're more likely to miss the odd good signal.

Always carry some pain killers and plasters  Roll Eyes Grin   

Geoff, where's that excellent explanation of mineralised ground that you posted. Had a quick look but couldn't find it.

Val 

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
carling2

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 05:39:19 PM »

ignore my previous post on how good the ultimate coil is Grin,, yes its still good but on a quiet field with the odd good signal or pasture or even rolled dirt,,but I took it out on the 1st stubble of the season today a very highly mineralised field where there were signals a plenty a did manage a hamster and roman grot with the coil but that was me for the day as I called it a day as the coil was doing my nut in ,,little tweaks and chirps and seem as I was running in iron mask at 18 I was surprised how much iron sounds really good Grin,,the good signals were few and far between {if you don't count the iron} and even the good hits were no deeper than usual ,,,back to my fbs slimline me thinks and keep the ultimate for when I know its going to be a site where you struggle to find anything... I could see this coil being good on floodplain? 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:46:05 PM by carling2 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal