Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explorer, which one ?  (Read 5360 times)
altinkum

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 06:23:25 PM »

i own a ex11 and a fisher75 and the only time the ex11 see's the light of day is if i have a beach session. as phil said the recovery time is a joke compared to most mid priced detectors

explorers, my arse
sodbuster
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »

Thanks for you continued input guys and gals. I have been doing a bit more delving into the pro's and con's and found some really good information on youtube. There are some really good videos out there .
              The recovery time videos are an eye opener, I was absolutely appalled at the explorer.I do tend to have a pretty fast swing,( at least until I have a break) , with which the whites M6 copes with, I guess I could slow down a bit, but do I want to ?

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »

I was always put off the Explorer by two things, the weight and the recovery speed. They've always been the best all round machines on the market. The E-Trac excels because of the new processor giving it a LOT faster recovery speed.

I've got the Safari and I'm well pleased with the recovery speed. Don't know how it compares with the E-Trac as I haven't used that machine but would guess that E-Trac is faster due to the far greater cost of it.

What I love about the Minelabs is that they ignore coke/hot rock that other makes have trouble with. The minelabs also excel on the beaches and are brill at picking up small and/or thin metal such as hammereds.

The E-Trac and Safari are still a little heavy but that's the price you pay for the best all round machines out there.

mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 09:14:29 PM »

Sodbuster ( Alan)  Smiley have you seen the video where the e-trac verses the goldmaxx on the thin gold chain!!  Shocked Shocked that one is a real eye opener Phil ( Colleggwent) should take a look at it if he doubts the minelabs ability to find the gold  Smiley he,s dead right Roll Eyes mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
romano-brit

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 04:30:30 AM »

thats true, the GMP loves coke

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 05:40:19 AM »

If you look behind the hype,

the e.trac / explorer 11 / se

there are only subtle changes but a vast diff in cost.

Many believe the trac is an explorer turned upside down with a few extra gimmicks.

when buying any new tector its down to a gut feeling, and how easily u are parted from your cash  Grin
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 09:46:11 AM »

Hello Romano Brit thats why I use a goldmaxx and explorer the two compliment each other there are lots of other successful combinations !!!! BUT !!! a lot of detectorists are using this one Grin I personally find it very effective Shocked Shocked everyone to their own Huh Huh Huh good hunting mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
StumbledUpon

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 09:57:51 AM »

Explorer 11 I use very very slow, in all metal, they will pick up the smallest roman bronzes in ANY conditions! I use the explorer on two separate roman villa fields they will cope much, much better with high mineralisation, than single frequency machines.  Grin

( this is my findings and opinion, Grin)
16.5DD (richard)

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 11:28:40 PM »

my estimation is this mate i love the se for its noisy talkative state using it in my setup which is slow-n-lows set up slightly changed .
yet the etrac has an air of quietness that seems to pull out goods from iron in the same hole . if you want a fast land detector by a xp goldmaxx power as it is much faster and goes deep enough not to worry you will find loads of small stuff in iron that many who are not very good with thier explorers miss .
so toss a bottle in the air i mean coin and heads or tails it till you get a firm winner mate .
if you do go down the beach alot then forget xp as they are not wetsand useably i dont think

you never know what lies below......

dreaming of detecting whilst............
detecting as there nothing else i would rather dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal