Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: an unproductive day  (Read 8683 times)
wondering

NCMD Member

« on: July 25, 2014, 08:37:05 PM »

So I researched some places around my area and found a farm that the land can be dated pre-medieval, so I get the farmhouse address and hop on the motorbike for a ride to ask.....

First thing lights on the roundabout were broken, so hardest thing ever to negociate at lunch time..., I then go on down the road and miss a turn in and dint realize so kept going ended up 2 towns over, by this time my black bike jacket was cooking me alive... so i stop to find out where I went wrong turn around and head back, take the right turn in this time and fly past the farm not realizing i did, 10 mins down the road I know I missed the turn so I see a castle and decide to take a break from the heat and look at the castle, it was nice. 20 mins later after cooling down and checking the castle out I decide to get back to it, head back up towards the farm, I actually get there and....... someone at a shop on the land tells me I just missed the farmer Sad , they do however give me directions to where he went, (I do now believe they were taking the ****) so I take the directions and end up in the middle on nowhere at a little cottage to a very kind lady that offers me in to take five, she however has no idea who the guy I was after was......

I head back FARMER STILL NOT THERE, at this point I was dieing from the heat and the people at that shop offer me more directions, I decide to skip it and come back later after the shop was closed..... I go back and knock the door and the farmer answers, thinking to my self yes I got this but I was wrong, He is infact retired now and sold his farmland to another farmer   Sad I do intend on going to the other farmer but I have officially had enough for one day.

Hope you enjoy my suffering  Grin....

George

There is something to be found in every field....

Milled silver x 11
Hammered silver x 9
Pre-decimal (a lot)
Roman artefact x 2
Roman silver coins x1
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 08:51:04 PM »

You get days like that lol Grin

The answer I always seem to get is, I only rent the land sorry I don't own it Cheesy
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 10:45:27 PM »

Sounds very much the same story I had from My Son on Sunday night after he'd finally made his way back home  up in the Midlands.
Something about road works on the round-a-bout just past Abergavenny.  He followed wrong directions 3 times and eventually stopped on the Round-a-bout and asked a work man. A motorist was having the same problem and said he couldn't figure it out either but the Guy in front knew his way to Monmouth and he was going to follow him so Steve did the same.
Trouble was he'd spent so much time going round in circles he'd got low on petrol so had to branch off the main road to find a garage. Said it was a 17 mile round trip to get back on the main road.  I gleaned this information after decoding all the expletives that I can't repeat.
Took a pic of him before he left. Enjoy all you Bikers. (yes I know his front mudguard is broken. Some sill Moo reversed into his bike while it was parked outside his girl friends)

Val

* 005.JPG (274.29 KB, 900x600 - viewed 1329 times.)

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
bristolminelab
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:11:36 AM »

Sounds very much the same story I had from My Son on Sunday night after he'd finally made his way back home  up in the Midlands.
Something about road works on the round-a-bout just past Abergavenny.  He followed wrong directions 3 times and eventually stopped on the Round-a-bout and asked a work man. A motorist was having the same problem and said he couldn't figure it out either but the Guy in front knew his way to Monmouth and he was going to follow him so Steve did the same.
Trouble was he'd spent so much time going round in circles he'd got low on petrol so had to branch off the main road to find a garage. Said it was a 17 mile round trip to get back on the main road.  I gleaned this information after decoding all the expletives that I can't repeat.
Took a pic of him before he left. Enjoy all you Bikers. (yes I know his front mudguard is broken. Some sill Moo reversed into his bike while it was parked outside his girl friends)
Val Love your sons bike  a great early 1990s sports bike and looks in lovely condition

Val
whosyouruncle

Dig attender

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »

Know how you feel George,this weather is a bloody killer mate.
see you Tuesday, hope its not so hot.

whosyouruncle

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal