Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: CTX3030 prices slashed.  (Read 17662 times)
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 06:12:22 PM »

you did mate, lol. but im on 17 hammereds and your on hmmm 4 maybe and i have a bronze knife too  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

SpineyDave

Mine

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 07:35:53 PM »

Me thinks he may have risen to the fly......
 Grin Grin Grin Grin
carling2

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 08:47:17 PM »

not this load of tosh again ,, its all about where you go and how often  that determines the amount of finds one makes,, you could have the best machine in the world but if the ground is poor then you aint going to find a lot also a person that goes out 5 times a week will find more than someone who goes out once a week ,,, simples  Roll Eyes
JBM

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 09:17:39 PM »

not this load of tosh again ,, its all about where you go and how often  that determines the amount of finds one makes,, you could have the best machine in the world but if the ground is poor then you aint going to find a lot also a person that goes out 5 times a week will find more than someone who goes out once a week ,,, simples  Roll Eyes

There is a sensible response from a wise minded detectorist.  Wink  Jerry.
bristolminelab
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »

That was short and sweet price backup to £1899  Huh
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 11:14:57 AM »

It would have to be a hell of a machine for me to pay 1900 quid! Has anyone on the forum got one? Is it much of an improvement over an Etrac? or is it just the GPS and all the other bells and whistles that make it more expensive?

XP Deus user
monkeymad

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »

As you know Will I had both machines. I felt it was a little more refined than the etrac and did like the separation on it. It was defiantly quicker too.  Better balanced. Found me lots as well.  I did actually go over some old ground and found more but that will be down to other factors as well.

BUT, it doesn't justify the price difference if just upgrading for the sake of it.

I stick by what I have always said and that is "it's down to the user knowing all the adjustments and been confident in there machine" for me the biggest thing to make me change between detectors now is weight. I have been doing just as good with the Deus especially when I set it up on the day to suit conditions.

Marcus Porcius Purpurio

2013 finds:-
Hammered x6
centenary medal x1
Fob seal matrix x1
Tons of other bits now.
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 12:45:22 PM »

As you know Will I had both machines. I felt it was a little more refined than the etrac and did like the separation on it. It was defiantly quicker too.  Better balanced. Found me lots as well.  I did actually go over some old ground and found more but that will be down to other factors as well.

BUT, it doesn't justify the price difference if just upgrading for the sake of it.

I stick by what I have always said and that is "it's down to the user knowing all the adjustments and been confident in there machine" for me the biggest thing to make me change between detectors now is weight. I have been doing just as good with the Deus especially when I set it up on the day to suit conditions.

Thanks Danny, I'm trying out a Minelab Safari at the moment and going over ground i have done with the Deus and have found a few bits I must have missed with the Deus. The grass has been cut today on the fields I found all the hammered on last year so I'm giving the Minelab a go there tonight. I'm just interested to see if the Minelab with the FBS can pick up items missed by the Deus.

XP Deus user
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »

I can certainly believe those figures Geoff. So much for a free market and competition...

You don't need a degree in mathematics to work out that there's something "fixed" ie if you buy the standard pack, 9" coil, remote and ws4 headphones from the UK (or the EU in general) it will cost you £1281 this is in countries with no import duty and low transport costs, now if I buy the same thing in the USA where they have had to pay import duty and greater shipping costs it will only cost me £1120.....go figure Huh
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014, 04:27:15 PM »

i still dont want one lol,etracs an sovs rock your socks off

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2014, 04:37:51 PM »

Same rules apply to those too Mike Undecided
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »

Just found this on the Web

http://www.petitions24.com/minelab_wrong_direction

JBM

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »

I also read this request but this is my personal view of the subject and it is posted on another very popular detecting site.

* Detector Pricing..JPG (36.03 KB, 585x226 - viewed 1703 times.)
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2014, 06:09:29 PM »

Ha Ha I wonder who started that Huh maybe someone who works for a certain shop in Biggin Hill maybe Cheesy Cheesy
Long live Maplins I say in fact get them into Argos too Grin
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »

That"s like turkeys voting for Christmas !

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal