Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BBC4 comedy about Metal Detecting  (Read 2198 times)
geordiefred

Bristol

« on: May 29, 2014, 10:26:25 PM »

Should be worth looking out for  Grin

Toby Jones joins Mackenzie Crook in new BBC4 comedy about metal detecting

Golden Globe winning actor joins “journey of greed, betrayal, rejection and redemption as they hurtle towards Danbury Metal Detecting Club’s greatest ever find," RadioTimes.com can reveal

Share:

Toby Jones joins Mackenzie Crook in new BBC4 comedy about metal detecting
Written ByBen Dowell3:00 PM, 19 May 2014

Office star Mackenzie Crook is hoping to strike TV gold with a six-part sitcom for BBC4 in which he plays a metal detecting obsessive.

But it seems that Crook has also struck gold with his co-star: Golden Globe winner Toby Jones, who will play his best friend in the story, RadioTimes.com can reveal.

The six-part BBC4 series Detectorists follows the two men’s “journey of greed, betrayal, rejection and redemption as they hurtle towards Danbury Metal Detecting Club’s greatest ever find.”

It will see Crook - star of The Office as well as the man behind Ragetti in the Pirates of the Caribbean films - draw on his own experiences as an enthusiast in real life.  “It taps into the world of the male hobby which is very funny and touching,” according to BBC comedy boss Shane Allen.

The comedy is due to air either at the end of this year or early next year and the hiring of Jones represents a huge coup for the project.

As well as winning his Golden Globe best actor award for playing Alfred Hitchcock in the 2012 film The Girl, Jones has appeared in a raft of films including Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy as well as The Hunger Games. He also provided the voice of Dobby the House Elf in the Harry Potter films.

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
 You have to grow old, but growing up is entirely optional

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal