Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: T2  (Read 1985 times)
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« on: April 30, 2014, 01:15:43 PM »

After having trouble with the T2 going frantic in wet grass, I phoned Kev at Staffs Detectors this morning and when I explained the
problem to him he said that it happens quite a lot with the t2 coils. He has an ultrasonic cleaner to clean his coils and the only
one that he has trouble with after cleaning them is the T2 coil, he has to let them dry out thoroughly.So i've gone and done something
that I thought I would never do again, I've part exchanged the T2 for.................. a ...... wait for it.......Minelab, but this time I've gone for the Safari, I've got to be honest and say I did miss my old explorer 11, but not the weight, but hey ho !
                                                 How much difference is there in the Safari to the Explorer?  i.e. the weight , programming etc. any advice would be appreciated, but keep it clean Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
bristolminelab
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 01:36:14 PM »

I think the safari is a good all round machine good on the beach and land and goes deep, but the multitones will take a little while to learn, listen for the very high silver tones Wink
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Sorry Dylan I didn't mean to laugh.....what am I talking about yes I did Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Well the Explorer with the Ultimate coil was 22g lighter than the Safari with the pro coil according to the tech speck.
Safari is slightly faster recovery but not as programmable but nice machines.
Sorry I'm off again  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 03:22:04 PM »

Oh dear Dylan, what have you done Shocked Shocked Shocked. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

What coil has it got, not the stock coil, I hope.  I told you I had the 'rain' problem with it, didn't I. Also it falses if you knock it against anything through the swing.  The Ultimate coil is fantastic, extra depth, no falsing and it doesn't seem to react to wet grass.

You are in for a steep learning curve though. Lots of patience required. You can adjust the volume on it if you think it's too load and that's a bonus.   There's a few of us got one so just ask if you need help.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 10:17:31 PM »

Thanks Val, for just breaking my heart  Grin Grin no I didn't know about the rain problem, Thank God it hardly rains in Wales Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 10:26:36 PM »

Geoff you cruel  $%^£$&%£ you could at least share my pain, i.e. Tennis elbow, stiff neck etc. which by the sounds of it I'm going to be feeling again.Just for that you can dig all my holes at the next raly Grin Grin. I forgot to ask what coil was on it, but I suppose it will be the stock coil. I've started hitting my arm against a wall so I can get used to the pain before the detector arrives Grin Grin

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 10:28:48 PM »

Thanks Bristol Minelab, In fact I can't wait to hear those multi tones again, It will make a change from the Quacking of the T2

bristolminelab
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 05:02:30 PM »

If you can get hold of a ulimate coil its well worth the expence, went to a site recently that i thought i had do to death but with the ulimate coil found signals 2 a penny 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal