Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sovereign Gt  (Read 2058 times)
Darkman
Rally attendee

« on: April 23, 2014, 02:44:49 PM »

Hi all just got a sovereign gt can anyone suggest the best coil for mainly beach work.I have been using my explorer xs but got a bit of a bad back and even with harness on still find it a bit of a weight not as young as I used to be.looked at a few detectors and thought give the gt a go .Reading up on them people have  pluse and negatives on them nice to get some feedback on someone who useses it on beach  Cheesy
Jimi nugget

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »

heya buddy im no expert far from it but a few friends of mine have the sov gt and they have the 15" wot coil
i also have a sov elite which is pretty much same thing and i have a 15" wot coil and its brilliant

hope this helps

If you lye down with the dogs!!!!!!!! be prepared to wake up with fleas
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »

works fine on the beach had a nice ring at the weekend , I use the ultimate coil both beach and inland , very sensitive light and deep

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 07:02:09 PM »

wot sef or ultimate all good Wink
 i did hit a silver gold pated childs ring last weekend at 14'' with the standard coil though Shocked

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
musket ball

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »

hi i use the gt and find it very good beach and land.i use the wot coil and sef 15 by 12.but still gets heavy even though i chest mount after a couple of hours.like badger says you will have good finds with the standard coil and will b a bit lighter on the arm.hope this helps.good luck

boooooooom baby lets put a coil to the soil
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 09:23:21 PM »

Hi all just got a sovereign gt can anyone suggest the best coil for mainly beach work.I have been using my explorer xs but got a bit of a bad back and even with harness on still find it a bit of a weight not as young as I used to be.looked at a few detectors and thought give the gt a go .Reading up on them people have  pluse and negatives on them nice to get some feedback on someone who useses it on beach  Cheesy
I agree with what's been said, Darkman good combination of coils Wink
groundhog
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »

New to this site and to North Wales, although in my favor I ,lived in South wales for seven years many years ago.
Been detecting over 40 years in this country and others.
For me the Sov GT is the best all round model on the market and believe me I have owned a few like most of us, it works as well on the beach as on fields and although I have tried different coils I have found the standard Tornado coil that comes with the machine perfect for both, of course if you suspect a hoard could be in a field you could always go for a much bigger coil but for general use the Tornado is fine, stable sensitive with great depth, I like to use it chest mounted as I find the machine out of balance if the box is used on the stem.
I now live in Porthmadog and would like to make friends with others in this area.

Happy hunting groundhog
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 09:37:37 AM »

beach work i recomend larger coils to cover more ground an get a bit more depth Wink

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal