Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: start them young lol  (Read 1376 times)
musket ball

« on: April 19, 2014, 09:07:34 PM »

hi peeps.took my daughter with me today to a local field just to see how she would like detecting.shes only 3 and a half.so off i went while she carried my small shovell.first signal a button then up came a few more.then what she liked was a musket ball.went straight in her pocket.i gave her the pinpointer to find the items.so i think i got a new partner .she loved it.will have to keep my ace 250 for her now when she gets a bit taller.every hole i dug she was asking is it a coin daddy.good excuse to get out now if she tells her mum she wants to go detecting .happy days

boooooooom baby lets put a coil to the soil
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 09:19:43 PM »

You'll have to tie up with Dale and his little ones.  A kiddies rally, can just picture it. Shocked Grin

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 09:22:46 PM »

Your a lucky man and a great post I remember taking my daughters when they were little and the utter joy and wonderment on their faces at finding the most innocuous bits Wink
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »

A great little story musket ball Wink

I was started young, a little older than your daughter I was about 7 as I remember taking dads (DW member liner) romans coins to junior school to show the teachers what we had found.

I had my own little machine back then, I can remember it well lol, they took me out detecting and marked about 5 targets on the floor and I was left alone happily finding them.......But the scary thing is im 30 years old tomorrow that was 23 years ago  Shocked Cry

Keep her at it, iv tried with my kids but there not intersted Wink    
musket ball

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 09:35:48 PM »

yes geoff was a picture when she was using pinpointer .what made me laugh was when she kept running back to me putting bits of twig in my pocket that she had been finding on the surface.she can scan the fields eyes only for now.b good if she put a hammy in the pocket lol

boooooooom baby lets put a coil to the soil
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 09:40:15 PM »

Musket ball,  Teach her to be like a Magpie,  you only want the shiny bits. Wink

Dale,  scary is when you just had your 69th birthday and wonder where all the other 68 went. Shocked

Val

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 09:46:19 PM »

Musket ball,  Teach her to be like a Magpie,  you only want the shiny bits. Wink

Dale,  scary is when you just had your 69th birthday and wonder where all the other 68 went. Shocked

Val

LOL Cheesy your doing very very well Val, digging at 69 is fantastic, I hope il be able to.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 09:54:07 PM »

I love it when I'm on the beach and the little ones come and ask what I'm looking for.  I always say the same   'Pirate Treasure'   Their eyes go as big as saucers.  Funny how all kids know about pirates and treasure. 

Val

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal