Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Teknetics T2 questions . . .  (Read 12828 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: April 10, 2014, 08:55:32 AM »

I'm toying with buying a Teknetics T2 next month to add to my detecting arsenal.

Any thoughts on the machine from those who already use one?

Any recommendations on where to buy from?

Coil preferences?

How do you find it on plough, pasture, sand, etc.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:07:15 AM »

Nice light machine,I had the large SEF coil on mine and it did go deep. It's quite a sparky machine and don't think about going on the beach with it because it would drive you mad with falsing. It's good on pasture and very fast.
Seasider

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 09:14:21 AM »

Neil, I use a T2, although it is an older model. I bought it second hand a few years ago, but had to replace the coil when I drove over it ! It is a light easy to use detector and will find you quite a lot. OK it has to be reprogrammed every time you switch on, but that only takes about 30secs.It is not good on sand, though. Earlier this year I added a Detech Ultimate 13" coil and I feel it has been worthwhile as it has added some depth. I bought the new coil on Ebay and surpringly it was shipped from Bulgaria; seems to be the genuine article and works fine.
If you are dilly-dallying over buying one, remember if you don't get on with it they are always easy to sell.
Oh, and T2s don't like electric fences and power lines
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:20:11 AM by Seasider » Logged
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 10:06:27 AM »

I would say that the T2 is never going to be a bad choice, as has been said it's light, fast and very sensitive a great rally machine, you only have to look at Herbie and Avalon's finds to reassure yourself that it does the business Wink
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 11:17:31 AM »

I learned how to become a much better detectorist using a T2.

Pros: Light, easy to programme (only 3 settings), good at finding things, Cheap - really easy to pinpoint. Very easy to learn to use

Cons: Can be a bit sparky if you run it hot (sens 99, disc 6, tones +2), had to put a cover on the battery compartment as it didn't like the damp (at least mine didn't), sensitive to other machines / phones / garrett probe - and I was obviously a bit rough with mine as when I put it down I would always have to re-programme it.

I've still got mine, but I've lent it to my brother in law (partly as it doesn't take up much space either).
herbie

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 06:34:38 PM »

I'd say go for it Neil, take the time to get to know it and I'm sure you'll reap the rewards. I generally just use the standard DD coil, have used the large SEF coil in the past and that certainly increases the depth. Be warned it doesn't like the wet  Smiley

Same sh*t different hole!!
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 09:52:40 PM »

After Sunday I was ready to throw in the towel with my T2, as Herbie said it doesn't like the wet. In one field I kept getting
A coil overload message and the detector was making crazy noises , after removing the coil cover and wiping the coil it settled down
again. I spoke to Probono last night and he gave me a setting to try. I went out for an hour this evening to try it and it worked great.
Thanks  Probono. I only found 21p, 2 x  ha'pennies and a musket ball as well as a lot of scrap, but it was on a field that I thought that I had covered thoroughly. Personally I think I still prefer the minelab xs but it's still early days

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
herbie

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 06:06:22 AM »

I know what you mean, I was ready to give up on mine when I first got it, just didn't like it especially after using the Euro Ace, but I persevered and once I'd sorted got my 'ear in' and sussed the settings it was great, finding things that I'd obviously missed with the Garrett. Wouldn't be without it now, it loves the small silver, great on pasture and fast recovery time. Downsides are that it doesn't like to get wet as we've said, its pretty sparky, everything and its dog will interfere with it and build quality could be better...

Same sh*t different hole!!
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 06:29:00 AM »

I spoke to Probono last night and he gave me a setting to try.

Ah, so that was you! - you see I do exist Smiley

Glad you found the settings useful - I found a lot of stuff with those settings with my T2. As Herbie said though my only two real complaints were that it didn't like damp / wet and I'd just wish they'd built it a bit more robustly!
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 07:03:04 AM »

I learned how to become a much better detectorist using a T2.

Pros: Light, easy to programme (only 3 settings), good at finding things, Cheap - really easy to pinpoint. Very easy to learn to use

Cons: Can be a bit sparky if you run it hot (sens 99, disc 6, tones +2), had to put a cover on the battery compartment as it didn't like the damp (at least mine didn't), sensitive to other machines / phones / garrett probe - and I was obviously a bit rough with mine as when I put it down I would always have to re-programme it.

I've still got mine, but I've lent it to my brother in law (partly as it doesn't take up much space either).
I had the same problem of having to re-programme it when I put it down. I found out that it was the batteries that were slightly loose in the compartment. I cut a piece of foam rubber and put it between the batteries and the compartment cover and that solved the problem. On the subject of batteries, the T2 is excellent on battery life they last for ages.
galoshers

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 08:37:03 AM »

i compared my T2 spc with my Deus and not much in it .
but a very nice machine if funds allow
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 11:03:35 AM »

You can borrow my F75 black edition if you like at the next rally i get to if you like Neil.  Did toy with selling it a while back, but undecided as its a good machine, well deep and fast.  No good on the beach, was disappointed as it was that or the Deus that day, should have taken the DFX or a minelab  Sad   Also as has been said can get problems with powerlines and is a bit sparky, but a very nice machine, have you read the review on Gary's detecting about them ?

- Andy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:05:34 AM by Da Monkey » Logged

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »

I think the sparkyness isn't so much of a negative when you realise that it's that "edgy" sensitivity that gives it its performance, if you quiet it down it becomes just another run of the mill machine as for the beach well you can count on one hand the number of machines that do work on the wet so there's no surprise there Wink
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 11:37:55 AM »

Thanks for all the comments chaps - I genuinely appreciate it.

Andy - I will have a go with your F75 at the next rally (news coming shortly) if you don't mind, as I understand they are very similar machines.

It's not easy selecting a new detecting machine!

Cheers all
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 11:43:58 AM »

Yeah, it runs very well on the edge Cheffy, amazed how good it is really, for a single frequency machine its very well tuned.

No worries Neil, I'll bring it along Smiley  Pleasure to see it get a bit more use.  Its very similar to the T2, it remembers its settings when turned off and I think has some different filtering, but very similar, I have to admit I quite like it.

Next rally may depend on when it is, as Mum is still very ill in hospital, but I really do need another day out of it all, so hope its on a day I can get out ...

Roll on the next rally Wink

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal