Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab Safari Programmes  (Read 8202 times)
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« on: April 05, 2014, 09:10:10 AM »

Hello folks a friend of mine has just purchased a new Safari,he is a relative newcomer.
So apart from pre-set programmes can a user please suggest a programme that would enhance his finds rate?
Would be mostly used on inland sites..Thanks in advance and H.H. PaulB. Cool

Greetings from the Dragon.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 04:07:53 PM »

Hi Paul.  There aren't any 'programs' as such on the Safari only adjustments.

I think most Safari users, Doug the Beach finder as well, would recommend he starts in 'All Metal' with sensitivity at about 16 and 'Low Trash'   Sensitivity any higher will pick up too much low iron and confuse the signals. Remind him that he needs to slow his pace down with the Safari and get used to the sounds. He can easily flick from one setting to another to compare the sounds and numbers between the different pre-sets.
I'd also suggest he gets the Andy Sabisch Handbook  for the Quattro & Safari.  As Geoff has already said it was written for the US but is still a mine of information.  Joan Allen has them new at £20 or if he's lucky he might find a second hand one.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 04:10:12 PM »

Thankyou Val for the info will pass onto him thats much appreciated.....PaulB. Cool

Greetings from the Dragon.
Nap
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 07:40:47 AM »

I am new to my Safari too but have found that what I prefer is to run in All Metal - this gives a grunt for ferrous and high tones for non-ferrous and removes all masking, you can hear a good signal right next to, or even underneath, ferrous. I run sens out of auto and as high as the land will allow without chattering unless it is really bad and will then switch back into auto.. If you find this too noisy you can notch out minus numbers to -3, digging anything -2 and above (I'm told that tiny gold can come in -1 and -2) and notch out 40 - 40 is big junk. If you do have a problem with digging iron - and you shouldn't as the Safari discriminates really well - use pinpoint to see how big that signal is, if it is big and wide it is ferrous. In All Metal you won't get this problem as you will clearly hear which is ferrous and which isn't - hope this helps, give it a try, seems noisy at first but you get used to that and the info you get is worth it. I never look at the depth indicator. Oh - and you have to move really slowly with the Safari - allow four seconds each sweep! Re signals disappearing - all Minelab FBS have this - get a sweet signal but when you dig out it disappears .. now, sometimes it is a tiny item in the spoil but usually it means that without that plug of soil there is too much air between the target and the coil - the trick is - and never miss doing this!! is to dig down further as that item is deeper than you thought.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal