Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Detecting Wales Rally 74 - Matrix 3  (Read 26864 times)
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 08:49:55 PM »

Thanks for a great day out, especially on the best rally site ever ,
here are my best of the day.
A approx date for the beehive thimble would be appreciated please.
Also any ideas on the figure, it looks like a mount of some type, possibly a maddona but she's holding two babies

One small gripe / observation.
COULD THE INCONSIDIRATE BAS***D, HAVE FILLED THEIR HOLES IN ?!!  
THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST FARMS I HAVE EVER DETECTED AND THE YOUR ACTIONS COULD JEPORDIZE OUR INVITATION BACK FOR FUTURE RALLIES.
(and relax rant over)

Yip, I agree Ian, there were a lot of holes left unfilled. Look guys, even on stubble, as I always put in the directions email - we need to fill our holes in. How do we know that the farmers kids haven't got horses, they could easily snap a leg in an unfilled hole - aside from that, its not our farm, its the farmers and as such we respect other peoples property at all times.

ps Nice William Mary half penny Ian

Don't you mean flloyd

outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 09:01:16 PM »

Been workin since returning and havent had time to clean my coins, especially the denarius  Grin

I would like to add that it was a great rally the atmosphere was electric, the finds were there and quite a range through different periods.

A very large thank you to all  the organisers in DW.

And Chef, last couple of hours put down Deus, brought out your new head phones and se pro, lowered the sensitivity due to the ground noises and bang found the roman coins.

Thank you a very happy Outlaw Grin Grin, looking forward to next week, told  er in dors having to work next sunday with an early start  Wink

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »

Here you go Ian, they aren't babies well only in the sense of "wow! look at those babies" Grin Grin Sorry ladies Undecided
I could only find one on PAS and interestingly it was also found in Somerset so of local manufacture I would think;

SOM-A45D85" style="float:right;<acronym title="The Portable Antiquities Scheme">PAS</acronym> record number: SOM-A45D85

Object type: Spoon

Broadperiod: Medieval

County of discovery: Somerset

Stable url: <a href="http://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/544506" title="SOM-A45D85: a Medieval Spoon">http://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/544506[/url]

Possibly a lot earlier than I thought in which case the condition is very impressive  for pewter Wink
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »

Looks like a good day out - and a great range of finds for only 35 detectorists.

Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 07:58:12 AM »

Here you go Ian, they aren't babies well only in the sense of "wow! look at those babies" Grin Grin Sorry ladies Undecided
I could only find one on PAS and interestingly it was also found in Somerset so of local manufacture I would think;
Possibly a lot earlier than I thought in which case the condition is very impressive  for pewter Wink

Thanks Geoff, - she must have taken big breaths  Grin Grin
Its most be likely a local maker, as the side profile is exactly the same, and as the preservation is good I assumed it was a copper alloy rather than pewter.

Thank you Alan, from the size and style of the one I found, it looks like a very early one.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:12:38 AM by Radnor Bandit (Ian) » Logged
anthonyjay

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 08:03:47 AM »

I agree with the comments about the holes left, I think it must be that those who leave them cannot read so never see post about the problem.......................... or is it really they don't care. AJ
Doug

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 03:23:36 PM »

Once again thank you to the back-room staff for their great efforts in making the rallies happen.

* DSC_0002_phixr.jpg (34.68 KB, 500x332 - viewed 409 times.)

* DSC_0005_phixr.jpg (46.11 KB, 417x500 - viewed 438 times.)

* DSC_0013_phixr.jpg (36.58 KB, 400x499 - viewed 476 times.)

* DSC_0018_phixr.jpg (57.38 KB, 700x334 - viewed 481 times.)
WEBBER

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »

Here's the best bits of my digging from Sunday anyone any ideas on the foot thing could it be Roman?

* image.jpg (33.34 KB, 488x349 - viewed 405 times.)
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »

unlikey, more like a pot leg, from post med times

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
welsh john

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 04:56:05 PM »

Thanks for a great day out, especially on the best rally site ever ,
here are my best of the day.
A approx date for the beehive thimble would be appreciated please.
Also any ideas on the figure, it looks like a mount of some type, possibly a maddona but she's holding two babies

One small gripe / observation.
COULD THE INCONSIDIRATE BAS***D, HAVE FILLED THEIR HOLES IN ?!!  
THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST FARMS I HAVE EVER DETECTED AND THE YOUR ACTIONS COULD JEPORDIZE OUR INVITATION BACK FOR FUTURE RALLIES.
(and relax rant over)

Yip, I agree Ian, there were a lot of holes left unfilled. Look guys, even on stubble, as I always put in the directions email - we need to fill our holes in. How do we know that the farmers kids haven't got horses, they could easily snap a leg in an unfilled hole - aside from that, its not our farm, its the farmers and as such we respect other peoples property at all times.

ps Nice William Mary half penny Ian

Don't you mean flloyd
Great rally I had to work that saturday,knew it would be a good un.

It is a pity that some spoil it for the rest of us by not filling in their holes if you can't bother filling them in then don't bother digging them, take up fishing or something else.I had a farmer stop me detecting on his land because of a dectorist leaving hole all over his  fields, when I told him that I fill all my holes in he said if I stop one then I have to stop you all,so i had to suffer because of one selfish person.So don't let DW and its great members down by being selfish and FILL in your holes. Angry

Minelab Explorer SE.
Sef 8x6 coil,Platapus coil,10"stock coil.
Garrett pro pointer.
Finds,
Queen Ann trade weight.
Bronze Axe Head.
Roman partifact.
1350 Bronze Token.
William lll Sixpence.
George lll Shilling.
Victoria Shilling.
Silver......80g.
Gold.........0g.
Scrap
Jaf
Rally attendee

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 06:44:55 PM »

Thanks to all at DW who put on a fantastic rally !!!! Great weather and fields and a very friendly bunch of people to detect with  Smiley It was well worth the trip up from Plymouth for my bro (Frosty Searcher)and myself ! Although we managed to miss the hammies and romans it was great to see them coming up . We did manage to find a few modern coins - george V 1915 shilling and 1917 penny . Sandy found a 1666 bridgewater farthing trading token . I had nothing but lead all day and then with the last two digs of the day i had a nice 1795 Bristol half penny trade token and a bent medieval jeton ! We had a few other bits and pieces and to top the day off my first granddaughter was born at 10pm that night  Grin Thanks again guys and looking forward to our next meeting !!!

* dw-moorlinch-29-3-14.coins.jpg (70.62 KB, 425x253 - viewed 754 times.)

* dw-moorlinch-29-3-14-art.jpg (39.28 KB, 340x200 - viewed 762 times.)

* dw-moorlinch-29-3-14-comp.jpg (104.04 KB, 425x441 - viewed 775 times.)
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 07:06:26 PM »

Congratulations jaf  Wink

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
WEBBER

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 07:47:34 PM »

Well done Jaf nice speaking to you on the day liked your token and a jeton as well nice one.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 07:53:26 PM »

Thanks to all at DW who put on a fantastic rally !!!! Great weather and fields and a very friendly bunch of people to detect with  Smiley It was well worth the trip up from Plymouth for my bro (Frosty Searcher)and myself ! Although we managed to miss the hammies and romans it was great to see them coming up . We did manage to find a few modern coins - george V 1915 shilling and 1917 penny . Sandy found a 1666 bridgewater farthing trading token . I had nothing but lead all day and then with the last two digs of the day i had a nice 1795 Bristol half penny trade token and a bent medieval jeton ! We had a few other bits and pieces and to top the day off my first granddaughter was born at 10pm that night  Grin Thanks again guys and looking forward to our next meeting !!!

Excellent Jaf, I knew I'd forget your names Smiley  Well done on the finds - so glad you enjoyed the day and congratulations on the new addition - your 1st grandaughter!

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
colin

dig everything

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 07:54:35 PM »

hi jaf glad to meet you on the day showed you some of my finds on my phone if
you remember some nice finds there for you as well,congrats on the birth of your
grandaughter see you soon on another rally Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal