Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two day rally report  (Read 20534 times)
silverhand

but it was there a minute ago

« on: March 24, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »

Well people it's started with snow and wind and ended with rainbows and blue sky's the morning started with coffee and breakfast rolls  which I really could of dun with as nerves was running mad after meeting some nice new people and a few familiar for the previous rally  all started with out a glitch on arriving reports hit me of hammerd coins and gold ............ A coin this time and a good un it was to walking around and chating I thought I best get me camera and ran of to get it on finding it I turned it on to the flat battery screen gutted no pictures to day but I did witness's 30 odd hammerd coins a roman fibula the gold coin and meeting some great fun people tea and coffee and rolls supplied by Byett thanks to all that attended this one and let's hope tomorrow runs smooth and carm as today with hopefully more finds see you in the fields and a great night was had dancing and singing in the club

Well the second day started with a bang with me and shung gav being approached by some unhappy belgiums asked for there money back and explaining that they had found land else where and found loads on this land one guy showed me his finds  and he had found a grand total off 26 p well done him never had the heart to tell them that all the coins where liz the second but with that over and done with we started the day with lovley bacon rolls and tea that sorted the hang over out for sure or not in my case on approaching the land we found to be very deep ploughed  and very hard to walk on but everyone put up a great fight and soon seen about twenty silver coins I my self not detecting found a lovly old snuff tin eyes only but games start as me and shung decided to start our usal play fight in the mud you should of seen gav fall over one for you've been framed there we started having a few complaits about the hard going plough so a lot went back to the old fields from Saturday I soon a
Had to zip off to a Christing but on return was meet by a happy outlaw who had three silver hammerd coins an ecstatic terry from the club with his lovly hammerd Spanish coin see pic and a yup more hammerd coins brooches and a shed load of cooper coins and some very happy people all in all a great rally with tones of finds and great people thanks to all who attended but I'm afraid to say this will be my last rally ................... ..........

For now 

* image.jpg (136.22 KB, 517x522 - viewed 1221 times.)

hammerd this year 0
hammerd last year 1

overall targets looks like i need to find more hammerd coins
nonker10

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:25:53 PM »

you beuaties well done everyone i'll have to get along to your next one as i only live a stones throw away in hereford.and i promise not to get all belgic on you.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:40:13 PM »

you beuaties well done everyone i'll have to get along to your next one as i only live a stones throw away in hereford.and i promise not to get all belgic on you.

I was driving through Hereford on Sunday and saw a Landrover of some sort with a picture of an Edward III (probably) groat as the tire cover - that's not you is it?
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 09:13:38 AM »

No that would be the mighty spiny dave// buddy to the da monkey
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:52:37 PM by DEADLOCK » Logged

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 08:23:05 PM »

No that would be the mighty spiny dave// lose buddy to the da monkey

I saw that and almost did a double take - if I had a car that needed a tyre cover, that's the tyre cover I'd be wanting!
SpineyDave

Mine

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 10:03:16 AM »

Hi Probono, well spotted and identified. It is an Eddy III and it does look the bis on the tyre cover. DaMonkey had been pestering me to get it done for ages, and he finally gave up with me, photographed my coin and got it printed up for me as an xmas pressey (good egg). And there it is, makes a change from the usual Honda badge  Cheesy
nonker10

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 11:30:25 PM »

nice one spiney dave i'll keep an eye out for you.met da monkey at the dw ralley in an orchard on th dw dig just past lugg bridge,thoroughly nice bloke.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »

Well, as I said, saw it and it definitely looked the business Smiley - it's a nice personal touch too! I was off out Weobley way that Sunday for a trip out Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal