Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Not a hammered but still a Bristol  (Read 9284 times)
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« on: March 19, 2014, 07:25:25 PM »

I thought I'd show the newest coin to my Bristol collection, milled is not what I normally collect but its a Bristol and was going cheep.......so I thought why not Grin

* 003 (Medium).JPG (146.68 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 1248 times.)

* 004 (Medium).JPG (151.06 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 1397 times.)
roaljodaka
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 07:28:29 PM »

Be nice to pull that out of the ground!! Wink
diggaduff

Xp Deus user

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 07:41:35 PM »

That is a cracking coin,I would not care that it is not a hammie   Grin

Life's about getting Hammered                                               Pembrokeshire Searchers
GJH

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »

It would be great to pull one out of the ground in that condition, I have one but no where near as good, I was looking in Spinks and and was reading about mint marks, but mine has'nt got one, can someone explain why please.
Geoff
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 07:49:45 PM »

Geoff that will make yours a London Smiley
GJH

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 08:01:54 PM »

Thanks Dale.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 08:13:06 PM »

I thought I'd show the newest coin to my Bristol collection, milled is not what I normally collect but its a Bristol and was going cheep.......so I thought why not Grin

Cracking coin Dale, great bargain mate. Wink
stever

"Wise is he who collects the wisdom of others."

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 08:38:19 PM »

nice coin mate  Cheesy ....I posted an immaculate one my brother found on here a while back don't think it was a Bristol though

Finds Since Feb 2012
Gold Rinds x2
Gold  35g
Hammered-7
Silver coinage-53
TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 08:49:43 PM »

very nice....shame they dont come out of the ground in that condition lol

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
150aceboy
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 10:28:06 PM »

Cracking coin Dale, very nice m8  Wink
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 04:09:11 PM »

Nice one - I'm not really asking, but I don't quite know what range you think is cheap Smiley

i like the half crown series - a decent weight of metal in your pocket (at the time) without being too big, and it's not so collected as the expensive crowns.

It's almost the latest, non token coinage, Bristol mint coin you can have. do you collect 19th & 19th century Bristol tokens too?
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 06:02:51 PM »

Nice one - I'm not really asking, but I don't quite know what range you think is cheap Smiley

i like the half crown series - a decent weight of metal in your pocket (at the time) without being too big, and it's not so collected as the expensive crowns.

It's almost the latest, non token coinage, Bristol mint coin you can have. do you collect 19th & 19th century Bristol tokens too?

Hi Probono, A mate paid £70 more than me for his in similar grade, and he just sold it for profit, so I didn't do bad mate Smiley

The only Bristol tokens I have is the rarer square ones and a undated one with no legends struck in 1551..............but a normal common Bristol dated token in high grade makes £70 £80 plus more than Id pay for one at the moment Smiley
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 12:01:28 AM »

I collect the silver shilling token series (amongst other things), so there's plenty of Bristol types, although prices seem to be a bit mad at the moment - when I first collected them you could pick them up for £10 - £20  - and some you still can (if you are lucky), but there seem to be a few interested parties, so the stuff I want to bid on seems to go very high.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »

Your right the Bristol prices are getting higher and higher, last month I ended up paying £200 more for a Edward IV groat than I wanted.
It was a ugly coin but a rare one from his 2nd reign listed as first reign mm rose, but I spotted it was muled with mm annulet on the reverse....it was sat at £70 with only me and one other bidder so my fingers was crossed hoping nobody else had spotted it then a few seconds to go it shot up £200 from one other bidder it was spotted Cheesy lucky for me I had it covered Wink a friend of mine a Bristol collector for 50 years is yet to get one in his collection, there so rare and people don't relies.

The photo shown is the photo of ebay, very poor but you can see the annulet Smiley
The coin is a little better than photo shows LOL Wink  

* $_35.jpg (17.13 KB, 300x225 - viewed 971 times.)
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 09:57:50 PM »

Your right the Bristol prices are getting higher and higher, last month I ended up paying £200 more for a Edward IV groat than I wanted.
It was a ugly coin but a rare one from his 2nd reign listed as first reign mm rose, but I spotted it was muled with mm annulet on the reverse....it was sat at £70 with only me and one other bidder so my fingers was crossed hoping nobody else had spotted it then a few seconds to go it shot up £200 from one other bidder it was spotted Cheesy lucky for me I had it covered Wink a friend of mine a Bristol collector for 50 years is yet to get one in his collection, there so rare and people don't relies.

The photo shown is the photo of ebay, very poor but you can see the annulet Smiley
The coin is a little better than photo shows LOL Wink  

That's the problem with eBay - you think you have bid on a coin at a sensible price, but then it goes crazy in the last few seconds - there was one silver token half crown that I bid up to £345 and in the end it went for >£2k - I've found with quite a number of these coins it's now cheaper to buy them from dealers.....

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal