Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LEGALITIES  (Read 3000 times)
NEMESIS

« on: February 24, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »

Can anyone please point me in the right direction, to where I can find all the information I need to start detecting. Cant seem to find everything I need.
     There are the obvious ones such as asking private property owners, e.g, farmers for their permission, but am I correct that you need a permit/licence for beach??  Also I suppose the Local Authority (L/A) legislation varies from one area to another??   What can you keep and what must be handed in etc etc..
     The more Im digging (pardon the pun) the more I realise I know nothing..
  Any pointers or info would be much appreciated.
       Thanx  Sheaghn.
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 04:37:55 PM »

Hi Nemesis,

All land is owned by someone, apart from common land (but even that will have local bylaws that will most probably prohibit digging and you need to be a "commoner" anyway). Even Public Footpaths are not available without permission from the land owner, they are merely rights of way. Therefore inland, you need to ask permission.

Beaches are a totally different case, unless the local council prohibits detecting, most beaches are available if owned by the crown. You do however require a Beach Permit, available free of charge and downloadable immediately from the crown office website here : http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/coastal/metal-detecting . Be sure to take note of the maps which show which beaches are covered.

The PAS website defines what must be reported : http://finds.org.uk/documents/advice.pdf

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
alun

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »

Hi Sheaghn.
Go on line and search for beach detecting permit, and download the permit, it's FREE.
You only have to fill in your details and then your registered for crown estates which means beach work. I have yet to be asked for mine but carry it with you if you can.
Yes your right about asking for in land permission, as All land is owned by someone. Beware of searching on council land, 99% of councils will not allow it.
Another bit of info which might be of use is detecting contracts. These too are free if you go on NCMD (National Council for Metal Detectors). If you intend going on rallies with any club you will need liability insurance, which you get when you become a member of NCMD. Cost is around £8 for the year.
This may sound a load of work to start off, but it's well worth it. Any more info feel free to ask. The guys in here are all there to help each other, so ask away and welcome to DW.
Good luck

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home