Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: NUMBER TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO  (Read 13477 times)
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »

LOL.... now thats another story Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2014, 06:01:53 PM »

And Roman grots Wink

and little hammies oh and fibulas  Wink Wink

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2014, 07:06:20 PM »

Dylan make a test bed up in your back garden, clear the area first tho in all metal mode, it may help with your tones, im sure your doing ok tho, I got a scrap hammered quarter, half, penny, and a few grots if you need them to make the bed? it is worth doing Wink

You'll know when you can find the hammered farthings, when you start hitting rifle pellets Smiley   
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2014, 09:02:50 PM »

Thanks again Val, I've got the explorer xs and I'm using our old mate Cheffs program, train those sheep to look for the hammereds Grin Grin

You're not using mine not if you're using ferrous, if you take my settings and just change the sounds C to F you 'll be lucky to find anything  Undecided
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2014, 09:11:32 PM »

chef set up mine and I didn't change it for2 years only to normal tone found many grots and my fair share of hammies and the usual other stuff .

sold it on to melonhead a while back who is very experienced with the xs and he commented on what a good a program it is .

get it sorted man of many names , learn the tones , read the screen and your finds will increase dramatically  Wink Wink

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2014, 09:15:28 PM »

I did that  a while ago Dale, but you're right a refresher course is called for. I suffer from M E and one of the symptoms is short term memory. It may sound strange  but when I hear a tone i.e. low, middle, high. I can recognise it for what it is and cross check with the corresponding numbers,
 [ which I know aren't always correct ], but as soon as I have dug that signal and retrieved the object, 9/10 I can't for the life of me remember what tone it gave and sometimes  even what number it corresponded to.
                                          Unless somebody suffers from short term memory or brain fog, then it's
extremely difficult . for anyone to understand how disabling it can be. Forgetting messages, remembering what you were about to do,  or sometimes driving and being unable to remember where you were supposed to be going,  [ which can be fun ] and asking the wife our destination
lol. And before anyone says it , NO YOU NEVER LENT ME A FIVER, or did you ?
                                             Thats why I've often thought about whether it would be easier to get a
two tone machine.

nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2014, 09:18:21 PM »

I can't even remember who you are now Cheesy

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2014, 09:24:12 PM »

Grin Grin Grin I'ts got to the stage I've got to come on DW to remember my name  Huh Huh Grin Grin

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2014, 09:33:33 PM »

Get a Tesoro Tejon like me mate, there easy to learn and will find anything the minelab will in land, with a dig it sound or a leave it sound, its far from a beginners machine, and capable of finding what ever small coinage is in the ground to be found, no worries, with a simple bleep bleep.

liner

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2014, 09:59:47 PM »

Dylan I would not bother with a two tone machine mate ............what you need is a 2 ton machine and dig everything   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Tongue
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »

Definitely worth looking a possibility, I also like the T2  for it's lightness, but I don't want to part with my XS . It's a great machine. Huh Huh.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Liner if you're offering to buy it , I'll drive it Grin Grin Grin Grin

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2014, 10:07:11 PM »

Yes please drive it Dylan, iv seen Liners 360 driving bye bye goes the school wall, you watch him now blame it on bandsman Dale Grin
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2014, 10:08:38 PM »

Ha ha ha ha  sounds like my wife blame it on me  Grin

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2014, 10:07:47 AM »

Thanks Roland, I'm really still not quite sure to be honest with you, the field I did today I've meandered across a few times in the past. Today I purposely slowed  my pace right down and criss crossed the field,  I still haven't ever noticed hearing a grunt while detecting. I like to think that I'm not finding many because I'm not walking over them. Last year I found about 20 silver coins, from William111 to 3d , 6d, shillings an half crowns and they were all high tone. I forgot to mention that I run my minelab on conductive not ferrous. I dig practically everything thats not  iron

I can't quite remember what programe I was using on my SE Pro, but as on my ETRAC I was/ am using Conductive. Someone had told me that hammereds and roman grots were 'low grunts' so that's all I looked for.....not that I find many hammereds! The last one (on the ETRAC) had a 10 / 34 signal, whcih is usually trash, so I'm glad I dug it. I'm running with a simple iron mask on it at the moment and it's good on trashy sites like that it seems. Been finding air rifle pellets and tiny bits of lead, so I know that one day I'll find a site with some more hammered on it I should find something Smiley

What I like with the E-TRAC (especially) over the Deus is that I've got a pretty good idea what I will dig for some of the numbers (12 45 is almost always a modern penny, 12 47 a modern 2p for instance). - when I've been using the Deus (probably because I'm still in learning mode) I dug a lot more rubbish and iron - and I had the same issue with the T2 (although I found a lot of roman and some hammered with the T2).
liner

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »

Yes please drive it Dylan, iv seen Liners 360 driving bye bye goes the school wall, you watch him now blame it on bandsman Dale Grin

still frightens me to this day just thinking what could have happend  if I had pushed the arm right through the wall into the classroom

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal