Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay bargin?  (Read 11458 times)
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »

Dale next time your at a rally you can look through all my hammered coins if you like

There may be a few that your interested in.as long as you give me a fair price that is

I seem to remember meeting you at a rally last time, my mate Steve was showing you all his finds on his phone

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 05:40:31 PM »

that's not a bad price for it, but you wouldn't get the £425 that Spink quotes for it!

There are a lot of pennies from around this time that are mis-attributed - I quite like buying the ones that are actually Irish Edward IVs.

There seem to be quite a few of the Bishop Sherwood types (the S on the breast) around, so it's nice to see the upright key type (and to see that it really is an upright key, as you sometimes see the 'key at an angle' types mis-lablled as 'upright key types'.

Anyway, well done - it's getting a lot harder to find any kind of bargain on eBay anymore.

probono you mean this type Ed IV slanted key very similar, When I first found it I thought it was a Richard III........Top right coin.

I wouldn't expect £425 for it, but people do pay it, I also don't think they are as rare as they make out you see a fair few about, The Richard II farthing I found seems a lot rarer, one sold on ebay for £514 a few months back £100 over book price, look them up on the net you may only see a few, not like the Richard III penny's Wink although Richard II penny's and h-pennys are common    

* 013 (Medium).JPG (166.01 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 673 times.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:50:33 PM by Dale » Logged
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »

Dale next time your at a rally you can look through all my hammered coins if you like

There may be a few that your interested in.as long as you give me a fair price that is

I seem to remember meeting you at a rally last time, my mate Steve was showing you all his finds on his phone

Hi relichunting, I know who you are now, I never realised at the last rally Cheesy
Yeah the next time we are both on the same rally bring them along Wink   
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 05:49:01 PM »

this little fella was listed in autographs  Roll Eyes , slipped through the net for a tasty £42 with free postage  Grin Grin Grin my latest grogg  Wink

* $_12groggggg.jpg (23.62 KB, 375x500 - viewed 639 times.)

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 05:52:19 PM »

So you did get a birthday one.......looks a good buy Wink
liner

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 06:30:17 PM »

I spotted this coin on ebay last week, and got a friend of mine to win it for me as I was working when the item was finishing, iv just picked it up off him now and took this photo but the light was poor so its not the best, but the coin looks to be what I think it is Smiley witch is good! but if Peter (doc) or anyone else can confirm that would be great. Wink

PS... I know its ugly Cheesy
lovely find Dale ...not easy to find real bargains on Ebay anymore as thousands of people watching on a daily basis.Well done son
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »

probono you mean this type Ed IV slanted key very similar, When I first found it I thought it was a Richard III........Top right coin.

I wouldn't expect £425 for it, but people do pay it, I also don't think they are as rare as they make out you see a fair few about, The Richard II farthing I found seems a lot rarer, one sold on ebay for £514 a few months back £100 over book price, look them up on the net you may only see a few, not like the Richard III penny's Wink although Richard II penny's and h-pennys are common    

Yes, that's the type - I actually saw one that someone had found yesterday too. Personally I quite like going for the Irish types of Ed IV, though finding one with a mint signature is hard!

I suppose people will pay what people will pay. I know that a lot of dealers now scour eBay to get 'bargains', but they don't all have the time to pick up every coin. I think there are fewer RII farthings on eBay than his groats (I've had a few reasonable deals on those). What I'm amazed at the moment about is the price some people are paying for (admittedly the better) Edward pennies. It's got crazy!

regards

Roland
galoshers

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 02:26:21 PM »

for a global audience you hear of buyers around the world paying ridiculous prices of all sorts of stuff .
a pal of mine found some early aussie shillings in mint condition in a south london charity shop and claims they sold to an aussie for 1000s of pounds.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »

Hi Roland, Iv also noticed what the top grade penny's are going for, but as you know the book is a guide, the right grade hammered coins do go over...... A few months back a Henry VIII groat went for over £1000 I did post the link on DW somewhere Grin as you said its gone a little crazy! wish I had a big collection Wink A couple of dealers iv spoken to are struggling to get the stock at the right price to make a profit, its gone very tight at auctions with the commission wacked on, it looks like the collectors are hitting the auctions and pushing the prices. ( there fighting over the coins Cheesy)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:57:14 PM by Dale » Logged
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »

Hi Roland, Iv also noticed what the top grade penny's are going for, but as you know the book is a guide, the right grade hammered coins do go over...... A few months back a Henry VIII groat went for over £1000 I did post the link on DW somewhere Grin as you said its gone a little crazy! wish I had a big collection Wink A couple of dealers iv spoken to are struggling to get the stock at the right price to make a profit, its gone very tight at auctions with the commission wacked on, it looks like the collectors are hitting the auctions and pushing the prices. ( there fighting over the coins Cheesy)

But then maybe the dealers need to offer a bit more in the first place. Personally if I was selling a large part of my collection again, I would probably negotiate with an auction house - if dealers won't pay anything like eBay prices then why should ou sell to them?

There have been several auctions recently where I've bid double the estimate on a coin, only to be outbid - but you can still buy bargains there too. I just look for the smaller, more provincial auctions - not long ago I was able to buy a sestertius of Aemilian that was id'd as a Maximinus Thrax.....
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 12:11:56 AM »

I had a good result this evening the Richard III penny resold on eBay for £241.89 I wish it always works out that well Smiley
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 12:16:25 AM »

Well done mucker, one of those a week would be nice Wink

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 12:20:33 AM »

Well done mucker, one of those a week would be nice Wink

Cheers Dylan, it would be nice mate Smiley
jayhay69
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »

which Richard is this? its 13mm

1 x Gold Guinea