Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coil opinion for T2  (Read 4213 times)
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« on: January 01, 2014, 12:37:46 PM »

Decided after my short (mistaken) excursion back into minelab territory, that I shall keep my T2 as its a good machine and its light.
Was thinking of selling (grass is always greener, sort of thing) but sticking with it now.

The question is - Are the independents coils as good, if not better than the stock sold with machines?

If its like photography, the lenses supplied with camera kits are usually not what I'm looking for and I find them very basic. To continue with the
photography analogy, separate prime glass or a good independent will always out perform a 'kit' lens. Is this the same with coils sold with the detector?

On my 705 I bought a 12x13 NEL and it was brilliant. Outperformed the std coil with no effort but it was a little on the heavy side. The 'Ultimate is getting rave
reviews for detectorists but has anybody done any real independent reviews of these products?

Cheers everybody. Your opinions are, as always, valued.

Ysbyty

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »

Happy New Year Mike
Where have you been? lol
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxtf-O7KMnEnbm5CdkFCQ2RRLWVmNW01cEN1UkYxQQ/edit?usp=sharing
OK that's for the FBS but apparently the same rules apply for the T2.
Just to continue the the photography theme, as you say a good prime will always outperform a zoom (Jack of all trades, master of none) and similarly the standard coil supplied is the best for "all around" detecting, not to big and not to small but if you want better coverage coupled with better depth or greater separation from a smaller coil then this is the domain of the independent.
Metal detector manufacturers design and build metal detectors and on the whole are very good at what they do but the  advanced design of coils is for the coil manufacturers which does raise the question of who actually physically makes the standard coils?
Here's a sobering thought for you...with all the names out there there are only two camera manufacturers who actually make their own lens elements, Nikon and Zeiss and even Nikon have in the past farmed lenses out to Tamron.
ysbytymike

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »

Happy new year to you and your family too Geoff.

Thanks very much for the link. Been googling like mad but not getting the right link obviously.
Looks like an Ultimate coming my way for the T2 soon. You still selling them Geoff? If so, order me one will you please.

Been using prime for last 15 years or so on my Canon but bought a sigma a few years ago and was amazed at just how good the optics have become on these lenses.
My brother who is into wildlife, birds and insects bought the Sigma (100-500 zoom 'I think that's the combo') The results were incredible, with crops of small birds eyes
pin sharp. The independents are really turning out some brilliant stuff now.

Bling (mark)

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 05:46:11 PM »

Mike I think you live same area as myself  I'm in loughor and own a t2 ltd with a ultimate 13 coil since operation on hand i haven't been out for 4 months so you can borrow my coil if you want to try one before you buy.

Soveriegn xs2 pro / goldmaxx power v4 /makro racer
ysbytymike

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 06:00:11 PM »

That's very kind of you Mark. I live in the upper end of the Swansea Valley which is just half an hour away from you but I really don't like to borrow things
as the way my luck goes, I'm likely to do something that'll damage it in some way.
I had a one of these coils on the Safari I just sold so I'm not totally unfamiliar with them but its just now that I've made a decision to stick with the T2, I was
debating in my own mind, as to whether to go for another NEL Tornado which I rate very highly on the 705, or to just take the less weighty option on the Ultimate.
Thought it best to ask the peeps who will have used this combo for some feedback really.

Thanks again for the offer and I hope your hand operation clears up quickly.
Cheers
Ysbyty

nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »

I ve got the sef 12 x 10 for the f75 as a replacement for the original coil as I snapped it trying to get it into the boot of the car...... I prefer the original coil to be honest

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 07:17:19 PM »

Nobby explain how you snapped it getting INTO the boot of your car pleeeese Cheesy

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 07:22:08 PM »

Is there another way of getting into the car then Huh.... Cheesy
Ps I dont have a sunroof Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 07:28:33 PM »

Ha ha ha You should have forced the bonnet open, then removed the positive battery lead,
put your hand down behind th drivers side headlamp, looked for a red wire, cut it, and then
phoned the RAC and told them your headlights not working.In the meantime, you could
have taken the car key out of your pocket, opened the door and sat in the car while you were
waiting Huh Huh Grin Grin

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 07:30:37 PM »

Dylan have you ever been a car thief Grin
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 08:02:24 PM »

How Can you tell ? Grin

Mrmayo

teknetics t2, minelab advantage.

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 02:51:08 PM »

Hi mike as you know I have a t2 and I only have the ultimate coil for it but I have always wanted to try the standard coil so if you like mike the next time we are both on a rally we can do a swap for the day.

if in doubt  DIG IT OUT.
ysbytymike

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 02:57:07 PM »

Cheers Ceri. Sounds like a plan as you'll be around to keep an eye on me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal