Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weather conditions  (Read 3692 times)
darrrren
Rally attendee

« on: December 19, 2013, 05:52:28 PM »

Finally going to be going out tomorrow with the detector, its arrived in wales. Obviously the weathers been terrible this week so that brought up my question, what conditions should you not detect in. im guessing water or rain is going to damage the detector? What about drizzle? And as for cleaning a muddy detector, how do you guys go about doing so. Thanks Smiley
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:09:56 PM »

Darren - if you're not going to detect in the rain in Wales it will severely limit your detecting time  Wink

Cover the control box/ battery box with a plastic bag, get your wellies and waterproofs on and get out there!!

And why wash the mud off - it will only get dirty again  Grin
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 06:33:45 PM »

Darren - if you're not going to detect in the rain in Wales it will severely limit your detecting time  Wink

Cover the control box/ battery box with a plastic bag, get your wellies and waterproofs on and get out there!!

And why wash the mud off - it will only get dirty again  Grin

Im glad iv just read your post Peter its just made me man up a little, I think iv started to use the weather as an excuse.......sod it I will be going out raining or not ! Wink
whosyouruncle

Dig attender

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:54:16 PM »

Where are you ,and what  detector have you purchased.
Lovely weather here near Bridgend.(NOT) Roll Eyes

whosyouruncle
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »

well I wouldn't want to wander around a big open field in a thunder storm  Cheesy Shocked Shocked apart from that get out there , your a soldier you should be used to getting wet and dirty  Smiley Smiley good luck on your 1st outing mate , keep us informed  Smiley

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »

Finally going to be going out tomorrow with the detector, its arrived in wales. Obviously the weathers been terrible this week so that brought up my question, what conditions should you not detect in. im guessing water or rain is going to damage the detector? What about drizzle? And as for cleaning a muddy detector, how do you guys go about doing so. Thanks Smiley
I will, and have detected in all weathers from wet suits in the Med looking for gold, in thunder storms, bit dodgy I admit Huh ::)to torrential rain, to snow drifts, to hot summer days! not so good Cool just gear up, protect your control box/screen and enjoy this great hobby of ours Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 12:43:07 AM »

My wife thinks I'm mad , but everytime I return from a few hours out, I clean all my detecting gear.
i.e. detector , probe , gloves wellies and spade. I do it even if I'm going out again
the next morning.She thinks I have a mild case of OCD. That is until it comes to
cleaning the sink after myself. She swears that I leave spots of dirt on purpose Huh

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
darrrren
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 11:23:21 AM »

haha yeah its not the weather that bothers me im used to it u just don't want the new detector ruined. ill be in the field out the back in Bristol possibly later but definatly tomorrow with it. im just in wales at the moment and I got it here next to me Smiley. so aslong as the battery box and control bit is covered the coil getting wet wont actually ruin it or anything? My sisters got a bit of land I can detect on aswell and knows a few people thanks to her hobbyu of horses. even got myself as homebase value trowel yesterday so ill let you all know how I get on. cant wait, I been waiting over a week for this now and my girlfriends already sick of hearing about it haha. beats coming home smelling of carp bait additives though!
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »

Just keep the control box and battery compartment dry, don't worry about the coil. We look forward to seeing your finds. Happy hunting.
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 09:48:05 PM »

good luck on your hunt with your new detector   Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal