Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Linked Rallies
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Detecting Wales Rally - Near Old Sodbury  (Read 63779 times)
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2014, 09:10:57 PM »

Thanks Sharkey, send me a map of where you've buried it  Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2014, 09:11:54 PM »

It is not up to individuals to pay an extra amount to cover themselves prior to each event it should be included in the attendance price as standard

Why should it ? That's just your opinion.

I've already got insurance by membership of NCMD or FID, why should I have to pay a higher entrance price to get something I don't need. It's down to the individual. Period.  There's to much of this pc cr@p about if you ask me.

I hate this  Nanny state stuff ...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:14:41 PM by Da Monkey » Logged

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
sharkey
NWDD Member

« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2014, 09:14:13 PM »

Public event free or not public liability insurance is required

It is not up to individuals to pay an extra amount to cover themselves prior to each event it should be included in the attendance price as standard

If you walk across a field/path whilst on your way to any destination one day and fell.
Would you want to claim from the field the land owner or your footwear?

Depends on the circumstances really if it was a public footpath going across the field and it was an obstruction that caused your fall then you would have a claim

has the alleged 'lack of insurance' stopped you going to a Detecting Wales Rally before? you've said yourself earlier in this thread about attending previous Rallies, which must mean that at that time, you were willing to attend them whilst knowing full well that you were 'not covered'. Also known as attending at your own risk (clearly stated in the sign up post).

but I for one do not believe that Taff, Neil etc would set up these Rallies without exploring the legalities of holding such an 'event', and if the Rally was held on the 5th of January none of this would be coming to light, as you'd be able to attend both Rallies.

Sharkey

*North Wales Dirt Diggers
*Chester Mob member #002
*XP Deus
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2014, 09:19:58 PM »

Do I sense sour grapes from relichunter.   Grin

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »

There are no members of the public at these rallies to make a claim ,and if anybody feels the need to
be insured then there's nothing stopping them from taking out their own seperate insurance

oscar
Rally attendee

« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2014, 09:24:20 PM »

Sorry Rob I can,t make this rally ,I,m sorry for the short notice and good luck to everyone that attends .I,ve taken my name off the list . Phil
IFINDNOTHING

« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »

Insurance is about £8, or to put it another way 2 or 3 pints., and should be included if you PAY to join a club and then put up with the BS that goes with it, just remember that DW is a friendly free forum.
Can't make it Sunday, but best of luck to all.

Quote "Don't ever give up hope, there's something out there, all you have to do is hold on and believe" Axl Rose-1988
GJH

« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2014, 09:33:16 PM »

It's getting boring now, can't this thread be transfered to the chat room, then relichunter can argue with himself Smiley
Geoff
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2014, 09:51:22 PM »

I think that the majority of rally atendees are happy with the way rallies are run. There's just too much of this blame and claim culture, nobody is being forced to attend any rally, and if all a person can do is worry about who to sue, then maybe it would be better to just stay home.

bristolminelab
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2014, 10:20:26 PM »

I respect anyone that uses up their free time organizing rallies / events for the enjoyment of others. I worked on and around farms for over 30 years and it must be hard  to get permission for strangers to go on peoples land.
Joe Smiley
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:09:25 AM by bristolminelab » Logged
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2014, 10:27:31 PM »

Well done Joe

Jeff The Wizard

« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2014, 10:37:42 PM »

Sorry for short notice, but due to the rescheduling of the Rally, I have suddenly realised I am double booked with my own club Rally  Undecided.
I hope my replacement makes good use of the slot at Old Sodbury, and comes up with the goodies  Cool
I am Gutted to say the least  Cry

If ring pulls and bottle tops were currency I would be a rich man
proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2014, 10:41:54 PM »

I have removed some posts from this thread as this is a signup thread and not the place to have discussions on other matters even though they may be rally related. Please do not be offended if you have had posts removed that were part of this discussion.

To make conditions of rally attendance absolutely clear: DW rallies are members-only private events. Members attend these events entirely at their own risk. We encourage rally attendees to have their own public liability insurance. If you are a member of a club you will probably already have this. DetectingWales.com makes every effort to keep our members safe and adheres to the health and safety regulations and other laws relating to private events of this nature.

To get this thread back on topic, Rob has spoken to the farmer who says that the fields are in good condition for Sunday's rally.

Geoff
gesza

« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2014, 10:54:50 PM »

well said that man

me who dares wins ?
liner

« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2014, 10:59:57 PM »

Great news cant wait good luck all who are attending and hope it stays dry

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home