Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Linked Rallies
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Detecting Wales Rally - Near Old Sodbury  (Read 63796 times)
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2014, 03:06:23 PM »

landyman im sure if you tell the guys who are relying on lifts they can sort out another ride,as for postponing a week it was the correct thing to do ,people travelling to the rally let alone detecting in this crazy weather could have been a safety issue..its just unlucky that two rallies are on the same date ,im afraid thats life sometimes

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
Landyman

« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »

landyman im sure if you tell the guys who are relying on lifts they can sort out another ride,as for postponing a week it was the correct thing to do ,people travelling to the rally let alone detecting in this crazy weather could have been a safety issue..its just unlucky that two rallies are on the same date ,im afraid thats life sometimes

Postponing it was the correct thing to do.
Postponing it to the date of another rally? I dont think that was correct, but hey ho, Im just going with the flow.
I will cancel one when I know.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2014, 03:25:33 PM »

Rally's are independent events run by different groups. There's no control, or discussion between organisers as to when to hold them. In fact there are 3 welsh group with rally's that day and 2 english ones that i know of, you pays your money, you takes your choice.

Just be grateful that there are some wonderful people out there, spending their time to put these events on for us to go to.

Cheers

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Landyman

« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2014, 03:36:35 PM »

Rally's are independent events run by different groups. There's no control, or discussion between organisers as to when to hold them. In fact there are 3 welsh group with rally's that day and 2 english ones that i know of, you pays your money, you takes your choice.

Just be grateful that there are some wonderful people out there, spending their time to put these events on for us to go to.

Cheers

Yeah. Thats fine. I totaly agree with you.
I just feel miffed that all my arrangements are up in the air due to others who are now asking me to be fair and cancel one immediatly. I feel that is not being fair.
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2014, 03:47:10 PM »

sometimes you just got to do your own thing mate , you cant  please  everyone  Wink

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
bristolminelab
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »

Some people seem are very ungrateful on this forum, people take the trouble to organise these digs and when postponed due to weather outside their control to another date , there are people  complaining they are double booked for rallies Angry
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2014, 04:26:24 PM »

As I said in the newsletter, there was 3 people down for this rally that have put their names down for the last 3 -4 rallies and not turned up - Nor let us know, they have been removed from the list.

Theres also several people that have got their names down for this rally and another rally on the same day, they need to sort that out immediately to be fair to both rallies. I've sent enough newsletters out, people have had loads of warning.

What newsletter? Never seen a newsletter. Where do I find them?
As for being fair to both rallies. Shouldnt that have been done by whoever chose to postpone to the 12th? I find it hard to believe that the organisers of DW rally did not know about the other one on 12th?
I have never put my name down for a rally unless I know I can make it. Unlike some who put their name down just to get on the list and then decide later whether to go or not.
I have never cancelled before but now find myself booked on 2 rallys on the same day. Someone is relying on me for a lift to one rally and someone else is relying on me for a lift to the other rally!
I have told them to sort it out themselves and let me know which rally I am going on. When I know I will cancel one of them and not before. How about being fair to all the detectorists that now find themselves double booked at short notice?

Landyman, the newsletters go out via email. You already explained about the double booking and my post certainly is not aimed at you - At least you made the effort to explain your circumstances (That's all we want)

As for the rally being postponed until the following week, that was completely out of our hands. Off the farmer, we had a choice of the 5th or the 12th. And as it happens, no we didn't know about the other rally until you mentioned it and made some inquiries.

As I've said over and over again, its not our regular attendees I'm having a pop at nor thoses that cancel on the lead up (that cant be helped) its our regular non-attendees that fill the list and never turn up.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Landyman

« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2014, 07:03:13 PM »

Some people seem are very ungrateful on this forum, people take the trouble to organise these digs and when postponed due to weather outside their control to another date , there are people  complaining they are double booked for rallies Angry

If yer 'aving a pop at me, I dont really care.
Im well 'appy.
Just got back from watching the Swans knock Man U out of the FA cup.
Landyman

« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2014, 07:06:23 PM »

Rob, does everyone get a news letter? Because I Havnt. Just been back through all my e mails from DW and all I have is Rally details/directions. Maybe news in them but I have never noticed it.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2014, 08:10:24 PM »

Does the news letter have a page 3 ? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2014, 08:11:50 PM »

Yeah everyone gets one. It would come via the registered email on your account, you still using the same email (dont put it on here though)

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
bristolminelab
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2014, 08:15:16 PM »

If yer 'aving a pop at me, I dont really care.
Im well 'appy.
Just got back from watching the Swans knock Man U out of the FA cup.
Glad someone enjoys watching football Smiley
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2014, 08:15:59 PM »

Hey Rob seriously I've never had a news letter either

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2014, 08:24:46 PM »

I had one via email, not through the DW PM system, I just looked and spotted it Smiley
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2014, 08:25:25 PM »

I have never had a news letter either  Huh

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
  Print