Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Linked Rallies
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Detecting Wales Rally - Near Old Sodbury  (Read 63811 times)
HAMMERRHOID

« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2014, 03:06:33 PM »

get to have a chat with other members very often and get to see their finds which is one of the best parts of rallies for me.

I'll second that Beefy ! It's great to go to rallies for the oportunity to try detecting on different type of land, but I'd say the main reason why I attend the rallies is for the social life. To bump into other mad detectorists and have a natter about finds, gear etc and to get some good advice from those experienced guys. DW rallies are always a good day out for me, no matter if I find anything or not. I always look forward to the next one.

I"ll third that has I have meet some very good friends at detecting rallies 

You can kill a Sheep once , BUT YOU COULD SHEAR IT EVERYDAY
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2014, 05:34:20 PM »

Great news pacman

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2014, 07:17:57 PM »

Sorry guys can't do Sunday have a gud un

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2014, 04:46:51 PM »

Fingers crossed

* Weather for rally.png (61.81 KB, 630x382 - viewed 396 times.)

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
GJH

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2014, 05:11:07 PM »

I'm going to hold you to that forecast Robb, so I can get my cap and shirt, Smiley Smiley Smiley
 Geoff
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2014, 06:02:24 PM »

I'm going to hold you to that forecast Robb, so I can get my cap and shirt, Smiley Smiley Smiley
 Geoff
Grin

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2014, 08:51:00 AM »

Relichunting everyone is entitled to an opinion but we've always, well I've always worked on the basis of 1 person to 1/2 an acre.

Its never been a problem to date (or at least noone has approached me and said otherwise) And lets not forget, everyone has a choice whether to attend or not.

And to reiterate what has already been said, whether you have been on DW for 4 days or 4 years, every member is equal and has equal rights to attend any rally posted. When I announce a rally I always and without exception post a newsletter up advising people by pm and email of the sign up.

If people miss out, its not for the lack of notice given by this site.

Thanks for explaining

Relichunting everyone is entitled to an opinion but we've always, well I've always worked on the basis of 1 person to 1/2 an acre.

If that's your policy why not allow all 125 on the list to attend the more the merrier

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2014, 09:44:47 AM »

Its never been a problem to date (or at least noone has approached me and said otherwise) And lets not forget, everyone has a choice whether to attend or not.

And to reiterate what has already been said, whether you have been on DW for 4 days or 4 years, every member is equal and has equal rights to attend any rally posted. When I announce a rally I always and without exception post a newsletter up advising people by pm and email of the sign up.

If people miss out, its not for the lack of notice given by this site.

Thanks for explaining

If that's your policy why not allow all 125 on the list to attend the more the merrier

Its not as simple as just land availability - There is also parking to consider, and how many the farmer is comfortable with attending, Coupled with the fact that around 20% of people that put their name down don't bother turning up - well that leaves to a lot of guesstimation when capping a rally.

Little Chub
Rally attendee

like your shoes butt

« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2014, 11:09:33 AM »

Could you remove me from the list please I am unable to attend on Jan 12th.
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »

People that put their names down and don't bother turning up really winds me up

It happens on a lot on dig's and rallies  Angry

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »

As I said in the newsletter, there was 3 people down for this rally that have put their names down for the last 3 -4 rallies and not turned up - Nor let us know, they have been removed from the list.

Theres also several people that have got their names down for this rally and another rally on the same day, they need to sort that out immediately to be fair to both rallies. I've sent enough newsletters out, people have had loads of warning.

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2014, 01:00:46 PM »

I am going to the other rally out of fairness as i signed up to it first,and its just up the road from me  Grin

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »

Its busy times for me at the moment with work and many other things including back problems, so im going to give the next person on the list a little more time to prepare for the rally on the 12th and pull my name now Cry Good luck to all who attend!
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2014, 02:48:39 PM »

Dylan (dryland) you are now 12th on the list, unlucky 13 goes to stampy, so you will now need to share your roman coins with him Cheesy
Landyman

« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »

As I said in the newsletter, there was 3 people down for this rally that have put their names down for the last 3 -4 rallies and not turned up - Nor let us know, they have been removed from the list.

Theres also several people that have got their names down for this rally and another rally on the same day, they need to sort that out immediately to be fair to both rallies. I've sent enough newsletters out, people have had loads of warning.

What newsletter? Never seen a newsletter. Where do I find them?
As for being fair to both rallies. Shouldnt that have been done by whoever chose to postpone to the 12th? I find it hard to believe that the organisers of DW rally did not know about the other one on 12th?
I have never put my name down for a rally unless I know I can make it. Unlike some who put their name down just to get on the list and then decide later whether to go or not.
I have never cancelled before but now find myself booked on 2 rallys on the same day. Someone is relying on me for a lift to one rally and someone else is relying on me for a lift to the other rally!
I have told them to sort it out themselves and let me know which rally I am going on. When I know I will cancel one of them and not before. How about being fair to all the detectorists that now find themselves double booked at short notice?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal