Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Linked Rallies
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Detecting Wales Rally - Near Old Sodbury  (Read 63772 times)
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2014, 02:32:08 PM »

4 Days to go

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
kingfisher67
Rally attendee

« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2014, 02:52:40 PM »

Please remove me from the list...🔙sorry
pacman
Rally attendee

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »

Hi all, well I have just booked a B+B near to Old Sodbury for Saturday night as coming all the way from the Wirral and didnt really fancy a very, very early start on Sunday morning, driving 2.5 - 3 hours, then detecting and walking around all day then doing the same drive back... not as young as I used to be  Cheesy. Anyway, looking forward to just being in another part of the UK for a change, so see many of you then.
Cheers
Paul
pacman should be worth the drive mate plenty of history around there . i live 20 mins away and cant wait to detect around that area mate hopefully when we get the exact site emailed it will be prime location

[Appreciate the feedback liner, but have had a few disappointments before as we all have and will try to keep my feet on the ground and not to expect too much but it does look better than the Wirral. It would just be nice to come away with something I could at least read and identify... LOL.  Up here quite surprisingly, good finds are few and far between and just looking forward to a nice day out for a change with some history in the vicinity. Cheers, Paul ]

Deus
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2014, 06:16:46 PM »

Hi all, well I have just booked a B+B near to Old Sodbury for Saturday night as coming all the way from the Wirral and didnt really fancy a very, very early start on Sunday morning, driving 2.5 - 3 hours, then detecting and walking around all day then doing the same drive back... not as young as I used to be  Cheesy. Anyway, looking forward to just being in another part of the UK for a change, so see many of you then.
Cheers
Paul
pacman should be worth the drive mate plenty of history around there . i live 20 mins away and cant wait to detect around that area mate hopefully when we get the exact site emailed it will be prime location

[Appreciate the feedback liner, but have had a few disappointments before as we all have and will try to keep my feet on the ground and not to expect too much but it does look better than the Wirral. It would just be nice to come away with something I could at least read and identify... LOL.  Up here quite surprisingly, good finds are few and far between and just looking forward to a nice day out for a change with some history in the vicinity. Cheers, Paul ]

Its the luck of the draw Pacman. This site is 3 miles north of Sodbury but looking at the archaeology finds that have been made close to the farm and coupled by the fact that its stoney ground with shallow earth.... Well on paper it ticks all the right boxes. We will soon know on Sunday Smiley

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
liner

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2014, 07:26:12 PM »

Cheers
Paul

Its the luck of the draw Pacman. This site is 3 miles north of Sodbury but looking at the archaeology finds that have been made close to the farm and coupled by the fact that its stoney ground with shallow earth.... Well on paper it ticks all the right boxes. We will soon know on Sunday Smiley

deffo ticks all the boxes for me cant wait  Grin Grin Grin
pacman
Rally attendee

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2014, 08:54:01 PM »

Cheers
Paul

Indeed it is Rob, and well worth the drive and a night in a BB in my book. Many thanks and I will fully enjoy the day either way. Thanks.

Deus
Soft top

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2014, 09:27:27 PM »

sorry rob cant make this one, thanks anyway, good luck to all who attend and a happy new year!
BritishBeef
Rally attendee

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2014, 11:54:12 PM »

May need to bring a boat Grin. Wonder how the land is fairing after all this rain and even more forecast up to and including Sunday?
HAMMERRHOID

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2014, 07:48:40 AM »

May need to bring a boat Grin. Wonder how the land is fairing after all this rain and even more forecast up to and including Sunday?
If parking is on hard standing then usually rallies are ok parking is the main reason for cancellations , so is the parking on hard standing or farm yard ?

You can kill a Sheep once , BUT YOU COULD SHEAR IT EVERYDAY
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »

As you have changed the date to the January 12 I will have too cancel as I am committed to another rally

I have been watching this thread with interest and guessed this may happen with the weather been so bad and the fields been waterlogged

Personally I think rallies should be limited to 1 person an acre

100 people on 70 acres is to much     

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »

1 person an acre .. what absolute rubbish! .. theres plenty of room in 70 acres for everyone!

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2014, 04:25:04 PM »

Thats your opinion 100 people crammed into 70 acres to me seems to many

Maybe members should have a vote on what is an acceptable ammount  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:28:17 PM by relichunting » Logged

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2014, 04:26:44 PM »

guess thats the last time we'll be seeing you on a DW rally, then!  Grin Grin Grin

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2014, 04:28:54 PM »

We can live in hope Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2014, 04:34:06 PM »

Thats your opinion 100 people crammed into 70 acres to me seems to many

Maybe members should have a vote on what is an acceptable ammount  

taff and the rest of the guys work hard to set up rallies for us all  and you complain the available land is not enough . Angry Angry

perhaps you would like to organise a rally for us , its easy  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes honest  Angry

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal