Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks from the Sodbury farmer and an invite back.  (Read 4864 times)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« on: January 12, 2014, 10:47:24 PM »

Guys Proconsul and myself had a long chat with the farmer (and his son) at the end of the rally.
He was really pleased with the level of friendliness shown toward himself and his family. and chuffed with all the 'gifts' of finds given to them.

His wife and him have already invited us back to the farm for another rally when the crop comes off in September, I think there was mention of a pig roast as well Smiley

Well done everyone!

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 11:32:47 PM »

pig roast , hubba hubba sounds good

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 12:15:47 AM »

He's one in a million , fair play

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Svaipa

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 07:09:27 AM »

Excellent news  Smiley
Enjoyed the day as usual on DW rallies, and nice to see the farmer family so engaged. Great entertainment at the gate  Cheesy Cheesy
A big thanks to farmer and organisers
Springj86
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 08:26:13 AM »

I would like to say thank you to every one I spoke to at this rally. Very friendly and helpful and made me feel welcome on my first rally. Seemed only fare to give the farmer the farthing I found as could see his boys eyes light up when he seen it.
Any way catch you at the next rally.
Thanks guys
bristolminelab
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 09:36:32 AM »

what a very nice man many thanks all involved we all had a great time i did not find to much but my wife had her best find to date yesterday.  I was right next to the guy that found the gold hammered a very specail moment
Johnboy25

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 10:41:31 AM »

Thank you Detecting Wales for a good day . The ground condition was not bad a part from the exit gate getting out.  Found a few buttons one worn Victoria 1860 penny , old Dunhill lighter not working and my best find V for victory dot dot dot dash Second World War pin badge.  Will be putting my name down for the September dig.  Smiley. Johnboy25.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »

That's really nice of him, credit must also go to you guys who organised another great rally !! Ok once again I never found much but that didn't stop some excellent finds coming to the surface of some skilful searches, although I had to shoot of a bit early it was a good day with some great guys and girls Smiley Smiley
liner

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 07:12:10 PM »

That's really nice of him, credit must also go to you guys who organised another great rally !! Ok once again I never found much but that didn't stop some excellent finds coming to the surface of some skilful searches, although I had to shoot of a bit early it was a good day with some great guys and girls Smiley Smiley

I second that
anthonyjay

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 08:56:37 PM »

Good news Rob, glad it all went Ok. Nice to see some members practicing for the new Skating-on-Ice/ Mud show this year.
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 03:16:39 PM »

rob, thats great news and shows that you and all the moderators that arranged the rally give us another brilliant rally also all members  were brilliant thats why the farmer has invited dw back.viv
Johnboy25

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 06:04:44 PM »

Thank you Rookypair for your info on V pin badge, AJ thought could have been a land girl may have lost it. Will be at the next dig on the 25th and see if  some one can take a picture may see you there. Johnboy25

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal