Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Put the word out for land!  (Read 2115 times)
Moose
Rally attendee

Addictive personality!

« on: November 28, 2013, 04:16:30 PM »

As a rank beginner myself, one bit of advice I'd give to anyone new to detecting is to tell EVERYONE you know/meet that you are looking for some land to detect on.
Myself and a mate at work have literally just got into the hobby and we have suddenly found that there are friends of friends who have a farm here, bit of pasture there, some old woods etc.
It may not be what the seasoned lads would call "Prime" land but it's all good practice, it's legit, and you never know what is under there!
Moose.

Make holes, not war...
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »

good idea mate , as to "prime land " , don't worry about it , Iv been on land that in theory should produce the goods but was totally rubbish and also been on "done to death " land and less interesting areas and found plenty , so any land is "good land " , just take your time , learn your machine and the finds will come , good luck mate  Smiley

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Moose
Rally attendee

Addictive personality!

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:58:59 PM »

Thanks Mike.
To be fair, where the main bulk of land is, there has been a fair bit of ancient activity within a mile or so either side so the chances are not too bad of some decent history to dig up!

Make holes, not war...
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 09:11:34 PM »

it's a good point.

Any of the land I have to detect on (bar any club land) has been the result of knowing the people, or having people I know know the people.

The main farm I go to has said to me that he's far more agreeable to people he knows in terms of detecting. Some of those fields are empty (and probably always have been), others are quite productive despite being detected on for years.
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 01:58:37 PM »

Its all about contacts..friends, family ,business contacts,customers,work mates and people you speak on  day to day basis...You will find landowners amongst them and always promote the hobby to anybody you come in contact with .... Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal