Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sounding of ancient trumpet in York warns of Viking apocalypse on 22 February  (Read 6969 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: November 15, 2013, 01:06:44 PM »

By Ellie Zolfagharifard

If Vikings were here today, the sounding of an distinctive horn in York would have created chaos.

The ancient instrument, blown last night, signalled exactly 100 days to the end of the world, according to Norse mythology. Legend has it that the Norse God, Heimdallr, would blow the mythical Gjallerhorn to warn of the Viking apocalypse, also known as 'Ragnarok'.

The end of the world was signalled in York last night as a horn was blown to herald the beginning of the apocalypse

Ragnarok, which translates to ‘Doom of the Gods’, is due to be preceded by the winter of winters.
Vikings believed, prior to the apocalypse, three freezing winters would follow each other with no summers in between.

All morality would disappear and fights would break out all over the world, signalling the beginning of the end. 

The wolf Skoll would devour the sun, and his brother Hati would eat the moon, causing stars to vanish from the sky and the Earth to be thrown into eternal darkness.

Norse mythology experts have calculated that Vikings believed this will take place on February 22, 2014.

The sound of the horn is supposed to call the sons of Odin and the heroes to the battlefield, where Odin (pictured) will ultimately be killed

THE RAGNAROK APOCALYPSE
Ragnarok, which translates to ‘Doom of the Gods’, is due to be preceded by the 'winter of winters'.
Vikings believed that prior to the apocalypse three freezing winters would follow each other with no summers in between.
All morality would disappear and fights would break out all over the world, signalling the beginning of the end. 
The wolf Skoll would then devour the sun, and his brother Hati would eat the moon, causing stars to vanish from the sky.

Norse mythology experts have calculated that this is due to take place on February 22, 2014.
On this day, the god Odin will be killed by the wolf Fenrir and the other ‘creator’ gods.
There will be huge earthquakes, the sea will rear up and the soil and the sky will be stained with poison.

The Earth will sink into the sea, paving the way for a new utopian world with endless supplies.
.On this day, the god Odin will be killed by the wolf Fenrir and the other ‘creator’ gods.
There will be huge earthquakes, the sea will rear up and the soil and the sky will be stained with poison.
The sound of the horn is supposed to call the sons of Odin to the battlefield, where Odin will ultimately be killed.
After his death, the Earth was foretold to sink into the sea, paving the way for a new utopian world with endless supplies.
The end of the world is coincidently the start of the grand finale of the Viking festival in York.
‘Following a study published in 2010 that bearded men are more trustworthy than those without, we’re also looking for fantastic displays of facial hair, so that we can identify those with the potential to take us into the brave new world that is foretold to follow Ragnarok,’ said Danielle Daglan director of the JORVIK Viking Festival. 

‘In the last couple of years, we’ve had predictions of the Mayan apocalypse, which passed without incident, and numerous other dates where the end of the world has been pencilled in by seers, fortune tellers and visionaries,’ she added.

‘But the sound of the horn is possibly the best indicator yet that the Viking version of the end of the world really will happen on 22 February next year.

* article-2507778-196D6F0100000578-762_634x432.jpg (36.06 KB, 634x432 - viewed 1323 times.)

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 01:40:55 PM »

Interesting write up Neil, Vikings have always fascinated me. But how many rallies do you
reckon that we'll get in  before the end of the world ?

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Johnboy25

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 01:46:20 PM »

I like it , good post. Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 01:55:38 PM »

Forget the rallies I was just going to book my holidays Angry...Looks like Valhalla again this year then, just hope they've got something other than that mead to drink this year Sad
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »

Valhalla is that near Minehead ? l hope they've got lager for me and Mike  and red wine  for you;D

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 02:05:42 PM »

Speaking of Vikings - my mate Chris wrote and directed a film called Viking The Darkest Day that was released at the start of November. Watching it Saturday night.

A Viking Saga: The Darkest Day 2013 Movie

* viking-the-darkest-day.jpg (70.03 KB, 318x450 - viewed 1315 times.)

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »

No you're thinking of Hell, Valhalla is further north but it's always full of Danes whenever I go and there's nothing worse than getting stuck next to a drunken Dane.........Give Svaipa a bottle of vodka at the rally and you'll see what I mean Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »

Skol Advert

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 02:44:05 PM »

nice one Rob and Neil. wait until Svaipa reads this, can imagine her
with the vodka and Ann Summers headphoned Grin Grin Grin

Pon

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 07:26:56 PM »

Good read that Neil Smiley

Looks like the end of the world comes just in time for the York Viking Festival held every year in York mid February...
If you not been up for the Festival or just not been to York at I can recommend it. Plenty to see and do and they always have a few talks being given by well known Archaeologists which are well worth attending.I have even managed to drag the wife and kids up for this most years Smiley

You can always tell a Black Country kid. You just can't tell him much!
Svaipa

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 08:01:24 AM »

nice one Rob and Neil. wait until Svaipa reads this, can imagine her
with the vodka and Ann Summers headphoned Grin Grin Grin

Now, you imagine THAT does have me worried !   Shocked 

THIS is what's going down here (without the AS headphones):
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 03:47:57 PM »

By gum my find ,the Borre style Viking sword pommel.,I found with a mate 6yrs ago is on extended loan to Jorvick Heroes Exhibition tiill  next  March...It was probably made near Oslo  ,Norway...It came of  a Royal land grant in the Isle of Man.....On some of the forums at the time,were saying that it magical  powers..SHALL I CLAIM IT BACK?? Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal