Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Whites  (Read 5117 times)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« on: May 22, 2009, 08:56:58 AM »

Ok feeling a little swamped here in Minelab metropolis, so I'll see if theres many whites users out there, maybe get a discussion rolling. Which whites do you lot use?

UK brian , I've got a whites DFX at the moment , did you find yours much good on pasture , I've only got a stock coil , and run the detector quite 'hot' wherever possible . Any tips fella would be appreciated.

Rob...

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
DATA311(Alan)

THE BREAM MACHINE F.I.D.

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 09:11:11 AM »

Hi Rob,
I got the Whites classic 111, (bought off Des) went out last week in west wales spent about 2 hours in poor weather but it seemed to pick up quite a few signals but most was rubbish, finds were; 1p coin (new currency), part of a blade believed to be off farm machinery, brass knob (again off machinery), and a horse shoe, hope to give site a bit more work in june.
Machine up till now working fine, learning its perameters but could take me a while but pleased with it......... Grin

Nil illegitimi Carborundum
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 09:37:55 AM »

I have a whites m6 at the moment this is the fifth whites I,ve owned !! Had a go of my friends dfx once didnnt like it I did,nt buy the mxt after watching toddy Irvine demonstratingit on it on utube pointed out that it found a cut half better in the coin and jewellery mode than the prospecting or relic modes the m6 is a lot easier to use quite a bit cheaper to buy I use it in all metal audio disc a very good coinshooter don,nt be fooled by the depth claims although whites does,nt seem to be some of the deepest machines on the market thier preformance on bad ground will leave a lot of other makes standing!! and their back up service is second to none when others are digging Iron I,ll be digging up the coins Grin Grin mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 12:58:22 PM »

mole  i use an old whites classic  and i was also  thinking uf an yugrade in the  very near future ,, dont know what to get    minelab   whites   or a  garrett ....   anyone help as ive not tride either of them  Angry Cheesy Cheesy  thanks

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
sodbuster
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 02:20:17 PM »

I use a Whites M6 which I bought about 2 years ago . I fitted an SEF coil to it at the beginning of the year, What a difference ! The tone when you hit a target is superb , and the depth is one hell of a lot improved . Finding coins with this is easy !
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 02:43:38 PM »

Hi Rob

I'm not really the one to ask re the DFX because I bought one and a few weeks later won one at a Rally and I was disappointed by both. Hate to say it but the XLT I was hoping to upgrade from stayed and the DFX's went. (The XLT is really good on mineralised ground but the target masking with the stock concentric coil is really bad). I should also mention I returned my XLT twice in a couple of weeks when new because it lagged so far behind the performance of my old Spectrum.

A bloke twenty miles from me (Spectrum user) was really disappointed with his DFX and ended up having his money refunded. Whites suggestion was not to use either of the twin frequency modes on land !

I was a big Whites fan at one time but if was a P.I. or a Classic I would have to have a Mr.Bill tweaked version. Why Whites didn't do the mods themselves I don't know.

When I did a performance check several years back the performance (XLT's and DFX) could vary by as much as two inches. This meant you could have a new machine that lagged well behind the performance of the battered old thing your mate had bought off E-Bay for £100.

With their Surfmaster Pulse Whites went backwards as originally you could fit a battery holder that took two extra cells for if you wanted to use rechargables so that performance didn't suffer from the 1.2 volts of the rechargable AA's compared to the 1.5 of alkalines. Later they "improved" it again by replacing the pulse delay with a gain control which resulted in the detector being unstable in various hunting conditions.

I had a T2 before they came on the market here that was brilliant performance wise but fell apart as you looked at it (only a slight exaggeration). The better built second version that replaced it didn't have the performance of the first. The third (which is not the latest sealed one) had the improved build and the performance was nearly as good as the Mk I. In the meanwhile the M6 came out and it knocked the stuffing out of the Mk2 T2. So its all a bit of a lottery as to your having a Friday model or one thats just had a software mod which is often to suit U.S. users, not us, or in the case of Whites the stock coil is not really the one you want.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 06:42:09 PM »

Thanks fellas for the info. Thinking of getting an etrac now

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 06:45:13 PM »

you can buy mine rob i think i will get the new vision

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal